We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone been on Anatartica National Geographic expedition?

United States
Level Contributor
97 posts
181 reviews
88 helpful votes
Anyone been on Anatartica National Geographic expedition?
Save

Looking for people who have taken a National Geographic expedition and might have recommendations on clothes.Their website has lots of items,but I'd like to hear if anyone out there has been and could tell me essentials.

For instance, they have trekking poles listed, to buy , but that seems like something they'd have on board as standard equipment for passengers.

ANY TIPS APPRECIATED.

3 replies to this topic
KAB
Pittsburgh...
2 posts
1 review
1. Re: Anyone been on Anatartica National Geographic expedition?
Save

I took a trip this past December and I remember they had walking sticks available. Unless you have a particular need, I think you would be fine using these for basic hiking/stability. I was on Nat Geo Explorer.

Edited: 26 January 2022, 04:15
United States
Level Contributor
97 posts
181 reviews
88 helpful votes
2. Re: Anyone been on Anatartica National Geographic expedition?
Save

They have walking sticks onboard. We had deep snow and they were useful for helping you if you sank into knee deep snow. I absolutely did not need poles though (my husband took and used his trekking poles, but he likes them for hiking anywhere).

I would not buy them.

Enjoy your trip.

United States
Level Contributor
97 posts
181 reviews
88 helpful votes
3. Re: Anyone been on Anatartica National Geographic expedition?
Save

LOL, I just saw the original question was mine from pretrip! I guess it showed up when someone else posted answer to it.

I needed a good laugh today.Maybe it will help others.

Reply to: Anyone been on Anatartica National Geographic expedition?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Antarctica
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.