We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bandos Island Resort and Spa

Wirral
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Bandos Island Resort and Spa

Hi all

I am wanting to book this resort for a week but a bit concerned about the Destination2 company as they are quoting me £624 for 7 night stay but the hotel website is quoting $2111.

Also cant find any prices for the internet as it says on the website that it is chargeable.

Anyone styed here and posted any reviews anywhere for me to read?

Regards

Northumberland...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
3,746 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bandos Island Resort and Spa

You will always pay significantly less by using an agent than booking direct with the resort and maybe there are special offers on. I don't know anything about Destination2 so I cannot comment. On the forum the popular and reputable agents include: Purely Maldives, Magic of Maldives, Simply Maldives, Travel Designers, Travelbag amongst others. Maybe ask one of them for a quote which will include all taxes and the cost of transfers from Male airport. They can quote for flights, too, if you wish.

For info on how much the internet costs I would email the resort itself.

I am sure someone who has visited Bandos will come along with info.

Mentioned in this post
Bandos
Bandos
North Male Atoll
Biggin Hill
Level Contributor
657 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bandos Island Resort and Spa

The quote you have seems a bit cheap to be honest I would check that it includes all taxes and transfers. Get a quote to compare from one of the agents already mentioned, the agents will always be cheaper than booking on the resorts website directly. If you want any specific info on Bandos just shout.

Mentioned in this post
Bandos
Bandos
North Male Atoll
Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bandos Island Resort and Spa

Wow, that does look too good to be true and certainly can't be an "inclusive" price which includes transfers, taxes etc I also have no knowledge of this agent/operator so would ask for them for a written, fully itemised quote. Use this to compare like-for-like with one of the agents recommended in the post above so you know what you're getting and what's not included.

What are your travel dates, how many in your party, what level of accommodation and meal plan have you been quoted for? Also think about payment terms and whether your booking is protected should there be problems.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bandos Island Resort and Spa

There are thousands of reviews on here many recent ones saying the wi fi is free and throughout the resort ( albeit a bit slow)

Florence Italy
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bandos Island Resort and Spa

Please let me know how the gallery restaurant is now set up on Bandos. There are 3 connected pods....the left and the right pod each had an identical set of buffets while in the middle pod they had the sweets and the fresh grill. Is this still so??! Very important for me as I am in a wheelchair and the double set up made it so easy for me to help myself to the food without being jostled or elbowed by the other guests who stand above and in front of me. Thanks in advance for any update. I often post reviews on TA for wheelchair users to help others in our situation

Mentioned in this post
Bandos
Bandos
North Male Atoll
Biggin Hill
Level Contributor
657 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bandos Island Resort and Spa

The gallery is still set up in the 3 pods with the outer 2 having the pre cooked dishes and salad (pastries and breads at Breakfast) and the middle one having live cooking stations and fruit / deserts (cereals and egg man at breakfast). If the island is very under occupied then they may close the furthest outer pod

And yes the wifi is free but very slow at peak times - i.e. Evenings

Florence Italy
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bandos Island Resort and Spa

Thank you very much for the reply regarding the gallery' restaurant 's set up with the double buffet in the two outer pods. Makes it so much easier for a wheelchair user.

8. Re: Bandos Island Resort and Spa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2018, 23:18
Get answers to your questions about Bandos
Recent Conversations