We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bandos Maldives

wrexham
Level Contributor
36 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Bandos Maldives

Can anyone tell me if you can upgrade to AI from HB or buy a drinks package at the resort?

8 replies to this topic
Biggin Hill
Level Contributor
665 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bandos Maldives

You can upgrade to AI in the resort, but it’s cheaper to get your agent to upgrade your package before you go.

North Wales
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bandos Maldives

Thank you.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
110 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bandos Maldives

Hello, I have a similar question about this resort.

I made a pre-reservation for the full board (not interested in the AI), but reading reviews on internet many guests says that it is better to choose the half board since the food in the resort is not top notch and it is also repetitive. Moreover even with the Full board the water is not included.

So they suggest to go for the HB and to have dinner in other restaurant on the island paying the bill.

What is your experience? Is the food really not that good? How much does it cost a dinner in the island for two adults and 1 kid?

I don’t have any idea about price of the restaurant so it is difficult to make a choice.

Many thanks

Biggin Hill
Level Contributor
665 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bandos Maldives

If you are HB then you get breakfast and dinner in the gallery restaurant which is a buffet. The food is ok, but we prefer eating in the restaurants by the beach, so we go B&B. I would suggest that you email Bandos and ask them to send you the menus - you can then make an informed decision.

Mentioned in this post
Bandos
Bandos
North Male Atoll
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
110 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bandos Maldives

I followed your suggestion, based on the prices of the menu (main dish around 20/24$+10%tip+12%tax, fruit juice 7$, dessert 10/12$) we are going to spend around 80/90 dollars per meal (2 adults, 1 kid), so for 10 days is something between 800/900$, is this a proper estimate in your view? If so this is much more than the difference between the half board and the full board (not interested in AI, too expensive since we are not heavy alcohol drinkers).

So it is definitely cheaper the full board, although the variety and the quality of the food are probably lower.

Biggin Hill
Level Contributor
665 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bandos Maldives

We rarely have desert, in fact I think probably once in the last 8 times we visited. We probably would spend around $15 + taxes each max on lunch. Also remember that no drinks are included in HB or FB apart from breakfast. If you want certainty then go FB but if you think that for lunch you would want some flexibility then go HB. I hasten to add when we have been HB I have ended up eating WAY too much at dinner!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
110 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bandos Maldives

Many thanks, probably being Italian I am used to eat more :)

Any suggestion about the position of the Room? We have the standard. Should we request any number in particular? The best would be to have a room close to the beach and the restaurant.

Thanks

Biggin Hill
Level Contributor
665 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bandos Maldives

In my personal view the standard rooms all have a great position, no need to request specific numbers. Some do back onto the football pitch so can be noisy around 4 if the staff are playing, if you want to avoid that request a room number below 200 (they start at room no 176)

Reply to: Bandos Maldives
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bandos
Recent Conversations