We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

General guide to prices

Filey, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Topic
General guide to prices

As the subject says I'm after just a general guide to prices.

Having been to Goa for the last three years I'm looking for a change but a little worried I won't have the spends to enjoy myself as there's only so much I can afford, we only spent around £700 in 2 weeks there. I am looking at going half board for 2 weeks with my partner with Thomsons so will only need a few main meals out. Although I wouldn't call us alchies we do like a beer or 3, what is the price of a 500ml bottle in the bars? Evening meal out? Taxi costs? (full day out in Goa only stood us £20)

Will have about £1000 to spend for 2 weeks and want to do a few trips out, island trip etc (definitely no elephants tho!!!!!!). Is this about right?

Many thanks for any info you can give.

4 replies to this topic
New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: General guide to prices

the exchange rates down so stuff is dearer- others know prices more than i do---did u book a thomson flight yourself?people tend to book their own flights then book accom via agoda ect

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,521 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: General guide to prices

Why don't you book your accommodation yourself, most hotels provide breakfast included in price.

Sorry you need to put money in Baht, that is the local currency.

Tour prices are expensive to cheap depending on which you you choose. Plenty of kiosks around to book tours once you arrive.

If you want to stay where all th action is, stay in Patong.

Penryn, United...
Level Contributor
1,653 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: General guide to prices

https:/…Phuket

uk
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: General guide to prices

I would say that is plenty. we went last year (2 weeks) & spent about that. We paid for all meals & drinks. Coffee shop visits, cocktails, beers fruit & snacks also beers water and snacks to have in room. varied restaurants to basic right up to Very nice ones. We also went on a boat trip visiting various islands. I would go via the Long boats on Kata beach, rather the speed boat type trips. Had such a good time we are going again in a couple of weeks!!

Reply to: General guide to prices
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach
Recent Conversations