We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Friendly property recommendations

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
380 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Family Friendly property recommendations

Hi All,

Well its been well over 20 years since I was in Phuket and in those days I was in my 20's,single so very different to now.

I think we want to stay in Kata as back then I did not like Patong so I suspect its not my cup of tea now that I have kids. However I do want my daughters to see a bit of the wonderful Thai culture as they have never been to any Asian country yet.

I have been looking at Club Med as I have a 14 year old and a 9 year old and I really want them to have activities they can do on their own. I have never been to club med however we have been to Cancun, Bahamas etc and staying in an all inclusive was great as my husband and I got a lot of "time out" as they were entertained. Just wondering if anyone can recommend another property that also could cater for teenagers? Kids club just does not cut it as we have older kids now so any advice would be great. We also like beach front as that is high on the list.

1 reply
Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
140 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Friendly property recommendations

I would always recommend NOT TO take an all-inclusive option in Thailand. The whole pleasure is to go out and find some nice restaurants...

If you still want this, Club Med is the ONLY option. Otherwise you might want to have a look at the gigantic Hilton Arcadia or Centara Grand...

Reply to: Family Friendly property recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach
Recent Conversations