We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late October or Early November stay

rsa
australia
Level Contributor
793 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Late October or Early November stay

Hello,

We are planning a stay in Khao Lak to celebrate my Birthday and pending retirement !!

Should we stay Late October or Early November?

The reason I am asking this is that Khao Lak has heavy rainfall during these times and prices are cheaper before November 1.I have looked on Booking.com etc and there are some good deals at the moment for stays in October. They include Free Cancellation. November deals are different and more expensive.

I understand weather is a hit and miss thing. Afternoon rain is not a problem, nor is a few days of continual rain, as we understand we are in the Tropics in wet season.

If we make a Booking around the 23rd of October, the prices are a lot cheaper than if we stay from the 4th of November, as originally planned.

Surely the weather would not be that different Late October, Early November.!! If that were the case it would make sense to me to grab a bargain and go from the 23rd of October.

What do others think?

I have also heard that Kata Beach does not have the rainfall that Khao Lak has and we thought we might split our time up and have 4 nights in Khao Lak and 4 nights in Kata Beach. Any thoughts?

I have place this question on th Khao Lak Forum and the Phuket Forum.

Looking forward to all replies and thoughts

Regards

RSA

2 replies to this topic
Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
4,959 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late October or Early November stay

As you notice, prices differ quite a bit, as official high season kicks in. I've been to Phuket and Khao Lak in Oct over a 10 year period, and never had a problem.

Hope the same for you......ENJOY

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,521 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late October or Early November stay

I've been in Patong late October and we had terrific weather

Reply to: Late October or Early November stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach
Recent Conversations