We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mandarava, vs Novotel Karon vs Movenpick

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Mandarava, vs Novotel Karon vs Movenpick

Looking at the Based room Mandarava, or Suite/suite plunge pool Novotel Karon or Movenpick Garden Deluxe or the Garden Villa at Movenpick......which one and why? (3 nights in March)

Want good wifi and at least a couple of English movie channels on TV. I know about Mandarava hill as we have stayed numerous times at Pacific Club...wanted to try something different (other than Centara)

Village Resort and Spa would be in the mix as the price is great, (I can get for $450 aud in March for 3 nights) but not if the wifi and English channels are crap for the garden view rooms

What is a good price for each one for March? (per night for 3 nights) I can book now, but can wait for a better deal if I can get it.

4 replies to this topic
Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
515 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mandarava, vs Novotel Karon vs Movenpick

We have stayed at The Pacific Club and The Mandarava and have spent time at the Movenpick - which is huge, like a mini city. We like The Mandarava. The Pacific Club was OK, but we wanted something a bit more upmarket. At The Mandarava you never get the feeling that there are crowds of people there, even when there are, but The Movenpick always seems crowded when we have cruised through to swim at their pool (on a pool crawl en route to Kata). Sorry can't offer a Novotel comparison.

aust
Level Contributor
184 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mandarava, vs Novotel Karon vs Movenpick

I have only stayed at Mandarava, and we loved it. This time I'm looking to stay at either Novotel or Mandarava, Novotel only as its cheaper, but I worried it won't be as nice- has anyone stayed at both who can add anything?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mandarava, vs Novotel Karon vs Movenpick

we have now stayed at Mandarava, prob won't go back. Just too many stairs all over the place and so hard to work out where everything is...it is almost like a maze lol. Breakfast was nice, bed comfy, wifi good and tv good, room was nice (although I didn't like the skylights over the bath and also the shower as it makes the room too hot during the day and gets too light in the morning) Used the shuttle to get down the road, but found that the walk back is too far now that you can't cut through next to the 7/11 (which is now gone) as they are building there and it looks like it will never be a short cut again, so that rules out Pacific Club now for us too I think. It wasn't too bad before, but that extra all the way around there and back just adds too much going to and from dinner, or going to the markets on the beach road (next to Movenpick). We are trying Movenpick later this year Penthouse plunge pool room. At least that is in the centre of everything and no hills this time lol :-)

aust
Level Contributor
184 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mandarava, vs Novotel Karon vs Movenpick

After our last stay in Phuket and Khao lack we decided we are only getting a hire car in the future.

When we were at Mandarava the trip before last that hill was a killer and I could only ever stay again with a car, no way I'm paying 200b to get up and down the hill!

Reply to: Mandarava, vs Novotel Karon vs Movenpick
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Karon
Recent Conversations