Save Topic
Car hire for TDP

We visited several areas in Chile and Patagonia in January and February this year, and used LYS car rental in Santiago as a broker for all our car hires. We found the service from Andres Gabor the owner to be fantastic and wouldn't hesitate to rent through him again. We rented through him because he speaks perfect English, provides his personal mobile number and is available any time to sort any car hire issues you may have, even in Patagonia. We rented through him in Santiago and Balmaceda as well as in Punta Arenas. The almost new Europcar 4 wheel drive Hilux from PA was great to have as some of the roads in TDP were slippery and pretty bad, even by Australian country road standards. Because of poor reviews about Europcar in Punta Arenas I emailed Andres, saying I was concerned that the car hire was from Europcar. He assured me that the issues had been fixed and we ended up having a very good experience with Europcar there. Not just our hilux but all the vehicles we saw there looked pretty good.