We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Mirissa in Mid September

9 posts
Save Topic
Weather in Mirissa in Mid September

Me & my partner will be travelling to Sri Lanka in mid September - we'll be going to the hill country and then onto to Tangalle, Mirissa and Galle, but spending the longest in Mirissa. I was just wondering if anybody has been to Mirissa etc at that time of year (September 14th - 22nd) and if you could shed a little light on what to expect weather wise? I know everybody says to go to Trincomalee, Nilaveli etc at that time of year, but for us, the South West looks best! We're prepared for a bit of a mixed bag of weather and rough seas but in terms of rain, I would specifically like to know if it's cloudy, wet & windy all day long or if it's more likely to be sunny and then some fast heavy downpours? If anybody could share their own experience that would be much appreciated! :)

Mentioned in this post
Tangalle
Tangalle
Southern Province, Sri Lanka
Mirissa
Mirissa
Southern Province, Sri Lanka
Galle
Galle
Galle District, Sri Lanka
Trincomalee
Trincomalee
Eastern Province, Sri Lanka
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
59,303 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Mirissa in Mid September

Hi there,

Nice and sunny most of the day, rains only later. Sea breeze throughout though ;-)

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29396…

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

2. Re: Weather in Mirissa in Mid September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2018, 14:18