We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping over Memorial Day Weekend?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Camping over Memorial Day Weekend?

Hi!

We're planning to roll into Bryce from Zion ON Memorial Day. We'd love to camp, but I have a feeling we'll be hard pressed to find anything available at the campground in the park. I've been looking around at other campgrounds nearby, and found the Red Canyon Campground in Dixie National Forest. Has anybody had experience with camping here over a busy weekend, and is there any chance we might find something available?

If not, what are some other camping/lodging options that you'd recommend? I'm a little nervous to risk "trying our luck"...

Thanks!

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,332 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping over Memorial Day Weekend?

Red Canyon is right off the highway with easy access, so you might find it fills quickly.

Rubys has a private campground just outside the park.Also camping cabins.

Tropic has motels.

There is a KOA in Cannonville.

Also camping at Kodachrome State Park.

I liked the area around Pine Lake north of Bryce.

Here is a list of others.

www.utah.com/bryce-canyon-utah-campgrounds

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
6,252 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping over Memorial Day Weekend?

Here is some more help. The whole area is beautiful, so do not worry as there is no wrong location>> brycecanyoncountry.com/where-to-stay-and-eat…

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,768 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping over Memorial Day Weekend?

If you were coming in on Sunday I wouldn't give you much hope. But people will be packing up and heading out on Monday so I'd certainly give it a try.

Plenty of places in Panguitch to stay at.

4. Re: Camping over Memorial Day Weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 13:15