We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle Bus

VANCOUVER
Level Contributor
290 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle Bus

If we take the shuttle bus and get off at a few different stops will it be hard for us to find a bus with room to return to the entrance.

4 replies to this topic
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,222 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle Bus

Who is we? A couple, family or a party of 12? Usually it is no problem to find a bus with room for a few people. Keep the schedule handy. :)

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
9,264 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle Bus

We, and most passengers, remain with the same bus. Enough pit stops along the trip were provided. Neither my wife or me were interested in doing any hiking, as in our younger days we did backpacking into the wilderness.

But, to answer your question, I can't remember seeing anyone turned away due to a full bus. One thing for sure, you will not be left behind for the night

New York
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle Bus

I was on a Wonder Lake shuttle the third week in June. On the way back we filled all empty seats at Eielson and then did have to turn away, pass several people along the road hoping to get on (at least 2 pairs and one group of 3). The driver said he would let the dispatcher know about them which he did when we reached the next rest stop.

Mentioned in this post
Wonder Lake
Wonder Lake
252 Reviews
Denali National Park and Preserve, AK
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
1,242 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle Bus

I have stood in the rain waiting for a bus, last time third bus had room for 2. Still worth it. Come prepared u never know when it will rain or snow.

Reply to: Shuttle Bus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted