We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airtaxi for Denali Park

Rochester, New York
1 post
Save Topic
Airtaxi for Denali Park

I will be taking Pricess Cruise tour to Denali. I was planning to take the helicopter ride (airtaxi). Any recommendation ? and how will I commute to the spot for the helicopter ?

Thanks for your help.

1 reply
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,792 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airtaxi for Denali Park

The helicopter company will pick you up and bring you back to your lodging.

Which tour are you interested in? If one with a glacier landing, do you realize that the helicopters don't have a permit to land inside the park? Also, FYI, the fixed wing planes get you deeper into the heart of the park if you want to see more of the Alaska Range and Denali NP from the air

Also, with Princess cruisetours, I like to encourage people to know what they are purchasing (many don't). Many Princess cruisetours only spend 1 night in Denali and almost all of them only include the Natural History Tour. The Natural History Tour concentrates on---surprise!--natural history. You don't see nearly as much scenery nor have nearly as much chance of seeing wildlife as you do on the Tundra Wilderness Tour. Almost always, you need 2 nights at Denali Princess in order to upgrade to the Tundra Wilderness Tour. Also, most people don't realize that McKinley Princess is 3 hours from the entrance to Denali National Park.

Reply to: Airtaxi for Denali Park
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question