We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which rafting experience is prefered??

india
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Which rafting experience is prefered??

The rafting tours in Denali are of the following two types:

The wilderness raft

The canyon raft

I am really confused as to which one is a better expereince?

Please advise

Thanks

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
41,894 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which rafting experience is prefered??

I think this is a matter of personal preference - do you want the thrill of the white water or a more relaxed float trip?? Do the Canyon for the adventure of lots of whitewater, and do the wilderness trip for a more relaxed float. Does that help?? :)

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which rafting experience is prefered??

If it's thrills you are hoping for, then consider being a paddler. It is not difficult to do as you have a guide to lead the group. Most of them travel the same stretch of the Nenana River. IMO the paddlers tend to have a much better whitewater experience. Cross your fingers that it rains! It is so much more fun.

Chicago
Level Contributor
65 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which rafting experience is prefered??

My family went on the "Family" raft trip possible it is known as the "Scenic" with Denali Outdoor Center (DOC for short, but don't let that scare you, they are great). The first part was ok, entered river well South of park main entrance and stopped at Glitter Gluch (town just outside main entrance, to let of kids. Continued to most fun part, sorry my 8 year old go off as he was cold from the previous 2 hours of drifting, sorry rafting. The remainder was much more exciting although the entire 4 or so hours revealed wonderous scenery. Great trip, recd DOC located just north of Gliter Gultch.

Get answers to your questions about Denali National Park...