We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Talkeetna Aero Services

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
364 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Talkeetna Aero Services

Hi Everyone. We're planning on doing a Mt. McKinley Flightseeing tour from Denali Park. From what I've read, Talkeetna Aero Services is the only carrier permitted to do so from Denali. Is this true? Are they a reputable and safe carrier to fly with? Has anyone done this Flightseeing tour from Denali? Thanks for your help.

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Talkeetna Aero Services

Anyone?

Yukon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Talkeetna Aero Services

There are 2 strips at Denali - the one across from the railway station and the other on the highway. Denali Air operates from the highway strip, and the trip I made with them 2 years ago gets a "10" at least. Talkeetna Aero has an extremely good reputation, and I hope to get up with them this year or next.

Murray

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
41,893 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Talkeetna Aero Services

Besides the ones in Denali Park, there is also an airstrip here in Healy, with a few businesses running flights as well. I think Denali Air and Greg Lahaie (Kantishna Air?) has the best rep in Denali Park area, though many tourists flying from Talkeetna as well. Hope you have great weather! :)

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Talkeetna Aero Services

North06 and Coalminer: Thanks for the replies. The reasons for this coming up are twofold: One - when we leave the Backcounty Lodge, instead of taking the tour bus that leaves at 6 AM, we've decided to take a flight out to the Park entrance for the train to Fairbanks. I was wondering who this carrier may be. The second is I saw a two-for-one coupon in the Tour Saver (still haven't decided to buy it or not) for Talkeetna Aero Services who advertises a twin-engine plane ride around or over McKinley. Wanted to know if they were a safe and reliable carrier. Thanks again for the names of others you recommend. Just 3 1/2 weeks away. Wow!!

Yukon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Talkeetna Aero Services

It's Kantishna Air that flies the Backcountry Lodge guests out. And for your Toursaver flight, Talkeetna Aero is top-notch.

Get answers to your questions about Denali National Park...