We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One weekend in North Cascade National Park (mid-June)

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
102 posts
23 reviews
One weekend in North Cascade National Park (mid-June)

We live in Bellevue and my brother-in-law is visiting. Out of the total 4 weekends, we want to spend 1 weekend in North Cascade National Park. It is just 2 hours drive from Belleuve so I can do to-and-fro drive both days. But I want to know what all places will be great in June. On Tripadvisor I see

1. North Cascades Highway

2. Diablo Lake Overlook

3. Washington Pass Overlook

4. Maple Pass

5. Cascade Pass

etc

Which one would you recommend for 2 days around mid-June. moderate hiking is okay, we aren't Pros.

23 replies to this topic
Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
102 posts
23 reviews
21. Re: One weekend in North Cascade National Park (mid-June)

Thanks for the info DavetheNon-Texan.

I am sure I can't call the loop DONE, in just one trip. I may have to take multiple trips and am happy in doing so. I will just shortlist a few things to show my brother-in-law on his trip to USA.

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
102 posts
23 reviews
22. Re: One weekend in North Cascade National Park (mid-June)

One more question.. I just saw that Bellevue to Winthrop is 236 miles direct. So if we try to cover the spots, it can be 250 to 300miles. I am the only driver. Would it be too much to drive + hike + all the stops. If it gets tiring, I can take a stop earlier than Winthrop. Any recommendations?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
20 reviews
23. Re: One weekend in North Cascade National Park (mid-June)

For sure. Enjoy the PNW. We're still finding new stuff nearly every single day ...

This loop is great for non-hikers - pretty great beauty without a ton of effort & nearly no incline (kinda rare around here). You have plenty of options for your short trip. For me, the scenery along the drive is good - but it's that much better if you're able to get out into it, if even only for a few steps. It seems like a very long two days of driving - so make sure to stop and explore at least a little bit. Just the turnouts along some of the rivers (the Skykomish and the Wenatchee) will reveal pretty incredible rapids at the time you'll be traveling. Some may even have rafters working their way through some of them (watch for lots of cars parked in a river-side turnout).

Hope you guys have a great time, whatever you decide to do.

Reply to: One weekend in North Cascade National Park (mid-June)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about North Cascades...