We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colonial creek campground Friday evening chances?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
31 posts
Colonial creek campground Friday evening chances?

Hey all,

we were thinking of trying to snag a first come first serve site at the colonial creek (or goodell) campground next Friday evening... obviously that's pretty late so we think our chances are pretty slim. We were thinking of leaving right after work. What are our chances? Should we just book a hotel close by?

2 replies to this topic
Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
11,755 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Colonial creek campground Friday evening chances?

Others will have better information thean me, as it has been many many year since I have camped at Colonial Campground, but I think that your chance are slim on a Friday leaving that late. The biggest problem is that Colonial Creek is just about it for the area so you will have a lot of competition from others who will leave much earlier and who will have already set up at least a day in advance. Others will chime in, but I would hate to drive all that way just to not find a site.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
5,934 posts
49 reviews
2. Re: Colonial creek campground Friday evening chances?

I'm not sure there's a campground in the Cascades that would have availability on a summer Friday evening, unfortunately. You never know when someone might cancel, so look at reservable campgrounds online until before you go to see if there is anything. Or just get a hotel, though there isn't one "close by."

Reply to: Colonial creek campground Friday evening chances?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about North Cascades...