We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike rental near SEKI

Level Contributor
72 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Bike rental near SEKI

I realize you can’t bike in the national parks. But we are spending three nights in June at Wuksachi lodge. As a break from hiking is it worth trying to find a place to rent bikes and explore sierra national forest? Fit older couple we road biking regularly and some MTB. Thanks

1 reply
Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike rental near SEKI

Are you thinking about road biking or mountain biking? Technically you can ride a bicycle in the national parks on paved roads. They just are not allowed on trails in the national parks. But with the narrow curving mountain roads in the parks I would not recommend biking inside the national parks due to cars on the roads.

There are some nice trail rides in both Sierra National Forest and the adjacent Sequoia National Forest (which includes Hume Lake near Grant Grove). But you must be on a trail where bikes are allowed, there are fines if you are caught on the wrong trails.

Rental stores would be limited, none close to Sequoia/Kings Canyon. That would mean renting for multiple days and then planning your drive exiting the parks to return the bikes to the same location. You would also need to store/secure the bikes for multiple days.

Near Grant Grove in the Sequoia National Forest is Hume Lake Christian Camps. They have in the past (I don't know about current practice) rented bikes for $5/hour with a same day return required. But those are basically for a light ride around the lake area. They also rent canoes/kayaks for use on the lake.

Between Yosemite and Sequoia/Kings Canyon there are only a few bike shops for longer rental periods:

In Oakhurst along highway 41 there is Yosemite Bicycle and Sport.

In Fresno rentals are at The Bike Shop @ Woodward.

Reply to: Bike rental near SEKI
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sequoia and Kings...