We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visitor center parking

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Visitor center parking

Anyone park at visitor center this week? We arrive next Monday. Staying in Springdale but don’t want to wait for town shuttle. If we drive ourselves to visitor center what time should we get there to find parking?

Mentioned in this post
7 replies to this topic
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
64,837 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visitor center parking

Current recommendations say before 8AM. You might get lucky and find a spot after that hour, but there are no guarantees for any time.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,196 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visitor center parking

I'm guessing you'll have far less frustration and ultimately save time if you took the town shuttle.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
823 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visitor center parking

The shuttle is so easy and not parking at the center saves spaces for those who are traveling in from outside areas.

Zion National Park...
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visitor center parking

It is selfish to take a visitor center spot if you have a hotel to park at. You can walk to the visitor center from your hotel, too.

Bedford,U.K
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visitor center parking

Surely first come first served, irrespective of any other factors.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
25,324 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visitor center parking

My experience of Zion was about a year ago ... but we wanted to take the earliest possible shuttle within the park in order to get our hiking in before the heat made things uncomfortable. I can't remember the exact schedules but it's my recollection that the town shuttles didn't start running 7:30 or so. We opted to drive into the park around 6am and were on the first or second park shuttle at 6:30 am. The parking lot at the visitor centre was about 1/3 full at 6-6:30 am.

We walked the Pa'rus Trail back to the visitor centre parking lot shortly before noon. It was an absolute zoo with cars circling the parking lot looking for [non-existent] spaces .... and it was hot by then as well. (Again, can't remember specifics but think it was upper 80s/low 90s.)

With the utmost respect to 50andfun, I don't think it's selfish to use the visitor centre parking spot if you're staying in Springdale and, for whatever reason, the town shuttle doesn't work for you.

Edited: 10 June 2018, 02:57
Mentioned in this post
Pa'rus Trail
Pa'rus Trail
166 Reviews
Zion National Park, UT
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visitor center parking

Someone just posted that there was a 30 minute wait for park shuttle at 7:45 this morning. I think we will park at visitor center and get the first shuttle at 6:00.

Reply to: Visitor center parking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted