We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zion, Bryce, Antelope, Grand Canyon for 5 days

Vancouver, Canada
7 posts
1 review
Zion, Bryce, Antelope, Grand Canyon for 5 days

Hello

I'm planning a trip for October 26-31 from Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Antelope and then back to Vegas, we have 5 full days. What is the best route to take or in what order,things to do and see? how many nights should we spend at each place? We definitely want to do the upper and lower antelope and heard lots to do and see at Zion.Thanks

13 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
20,486 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Zion, Bryce, Antelope, Grand Canyon for 5 days

With 5 full days, does that mean you have 6 nights? One Antelope Canyon tour is sufficient.

Consider this plan from Las Vegas.

Day 1: Arrive early in Las Vegas. Drive to Bryce Canyon. Overnight

Day 2: Bryce

Day 3: Bryce to Page AZ. Schedule an Antelope Canyon tour for this afternoon.

Day 4: Page to Springdale, Utah. Overnight

Day 5: Zion

Day 6 Zion AM. Return to Las Vegas.

If you don't have this much time, then only do one night at Bryce.

You need to have advance hotel reservations as all these destinations. Do that now, before you purchase airfare.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,151 posts
250 reviews
2. Re: Zion, Bryce, Antelope, Grand Canyon for 5 days

The OP header mentions Grand Canyon. Is that part of your plan? If so, then you need 1 night at the park and most of 2 days around it. That makes itva very busy trip.

Vancouver, Canada
7 posts
1 review
3. Re: Zion, Bryce, Antelope, Grand Canyon for 5 days

Thank you Connie

We have only 4 nights and 5 full days.

After checking with all the possibility, we are thinking to leave Vegas first thing on 26th to Zion for two nigths,

Bryce on 28th for the day, overnight at Springdale, Antelope, horseshoe band on 29th, head back to vegas on 30th thru Grand Canyon. will this make sense?

Vancouver, Canada
7 posts
1 review
4. Re: Zion, Bryce, Antelope, Grand Canyon for 5 days

We probably only have time to drive by GC on this trip, don't want to cramp too much in to it. Thank you thou.

utah
Level Contributor
3,384 posts
42 reviews
5. Re: Zion, Bryce, Antelope, Grand Canyon for 5 days

For Zion stay in Springdale, but for you day at Bryce don't go back to Springdale for the night. That adds a lot of unnecessary extra driving. Ideally stay right at Bryce to enjoy the sunset and avoid the danger of driving in the dark with the deer and cattle about. If staying at Bryce isn't an option, Kanab would be much better than backtracking to Springdale.

For Grand Canyon in addition to driving by and checking out viewpoints, hike maybe 1/2 mile down the South Kaiban trail - just do a 45 minute or so hike to stretch your legs and get a quick peek.

Edited: 18 July 2018, 00:20
Bastrop, Texas
Level Contributor
941 posts
27 reviews
6. Re: Zion, Bryce, Antelope, Grand Canyon for 5 days

This is a lot to fit in that time. With 4 nights, I'd say to stay 1 night at each place (it's better to stay at each one rather than commute). I would recommend you start with GC...then Page, Bryce, Springdale.

If it were me, I'd skip Page and get 2 nights at Springdale.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
103 reviews
7. Re: Zion, Bryce, Antelope, Grand Canyon for 5 days

With 4 nights I'd stick to Bryce and Zion. You can make a nice trip out of Las Vegas. You can stay in Springdale for Zion (or in the park) and in the park or Ruby's for Bryce.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,151 posts
250 reviews
8. Re: Zion, Bryce, Antelope, Grand Canyon for 5 days

4 nights is not 5 full days under the most optimistic view. At best, you’ve got 4-5 hours of driving and flight prep/deplaning on days 1 and 5.

One night each at Grand Canyon National Park, Page, Bryce and Springdale for Zions is the only way to see these places in so little time. You need to book hotel rooms ASAP. Absent that, you don’t have a trip. I’d travel in the order I listed.

If you regain your sanity and would like to spend more time at the destinations than the hours you’ll be driving each day, then drop the Grand Canyon National Park and maybe even Page. You have enough time to enjoy Zions and Bryce. But it all hinges on booking lodging.

Vancouver, Canada
7 posts
1 review
9. Re: Zion, Bryce, Antelope, Grand Canyon for 5 days

I am so impressed with all the responses, Thank you so much. This really helps with my planning, this is the first time i use the forums.

I'm curious about why it seems like most people like to go in the direction from Grand Canyon to Page, Bryce then Zion than the other way around, is there any major difference? I didn't mention that i would have spend 3 days in Vegas prior to this canyon trip so I can pick up the rental car first thing in the morning from vegas and start our journey.

My next question is the tickets to the upper and lower Antelope Canyons, this is one of the highlights of our trip and we want to see both parts but some say either one is enough?

What's the best way to purchase tickets and where from? I see prices are quite different.

Thank you

utah
Level Contributor
3,384 posts
42 reviews
10. Re: Zion, Bryce, Antelope, Grand Canyon for 5 days

There are two reasons for going counter clockwise.

1) It loads the longest drives to the front of the trip.

2) Some areas are a bit more scenic going that route - e.g. the east canyon of Zion after the tunnel.

If you have any flexibility at all in your planning add one more night in Springdale taking a night from Vegas. Otherwise, it's a lot safer to drive I-15 back to Vegas in the dark than the other roads since you are on a major interstate.

Reply to: Zion, Bryce, Antelope, Grand Canyon for 5 days
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted