We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 nights Picton

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
6 nights Picton

Hi everyone. We will be arriving in Picton early Jan after a wedding on the North Island (Waikanae). We will have a 6 night stint in Wellington prior to that. Looking for some advice about whether basing ourselves in Picton will be too much? We have a 2 year old with us (husband and wife) and don't really want to be on the road too much. Thinking Blenheim would be worth a visit (perhaps an overnight stay). Have never been to South Island so looking for a bit of a taste test rather than packing in as much as we can.

Thanks in advance

Rachel

13 replies to this topic
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
11. Re: 6 nights Picton

Thank you nzp0ppy. I am feeling relieved and am now looking forward to getting over there. Pelorus sounds great too. Won't it be too cold to swim? I know it's Summer, but I assumed the water would be freezing still :)

Level Contributor
43 posts
112 reviews
12. Re: 6 nights Picton

Pelorus river is always cold but when it’s 30 odd degrees there the water is nice and refreshing!

Also the sands is amazing , we stay there with our three kids all the time and there is nowhere better in Nelson .

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
13. Re: 6 nights Picton

Thanks so much! We have booked the penthouse apartment at the sands. It looks amazing. Now I just have to work out which way is the best to drive from Picton to Nelson. :)

Reply to: 6 nights Picton
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Marlborough Region