We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 nights Picton

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
6 nights Picton

Hi everyone. We will be arriving in Picton early Jan after a wedding on the North Island (Waikanae). We will have a 6 night stint in Wellington prior to that. Looking for some advice about whether basing ourselves in Picton will be too much? We have a 2 year old with us (husband and wife) and don't really want to be on the road too much. Thinking Blenheim would be worth a visit (perhaps an overnight stay). Have never been to South Island so looking for a bit of a taste test rather than packing in as much as we can.

Thanks in advance

Rachel

Mentioned in this post
North Island
North Island
New Zealand
Wellington
Wellington
Greater Wellington, New Zealand
Picton
Picton
Marlborough Region, New Zealand
Blenheim
Blenheim
South Island
South Island
New Zealand
13 replies to this topic
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 6 nights Picton

Thank you nzp0ppy. I am feeling relieved and am now looking forward to getting over there. Pelorus sounds great too. Won't it be too cold to swim? I know it's Summer, but I assumed the water would be freezing still :)

Level Contributor
26 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 6 nights Picton

Pelorus river is always cold but when it’s 30 odd degrees there the water is nice and refreshing!

Also the sands is amazing , we stay there with our three kids all the time and there is nowhere better in Nelson .

Mentioned in this post
Nelson
Nelson
Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 6 nights Picton

Thanks so much! We have booked the penthouse apartment at the sands. It looks amazing. Now I just have to work out which way is the best to drive from Picton to Nelson. :)

Mentioned in this post
Picton
Picton
Nelson
Nelson
Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand
Reply to: 6 nights Picton
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Marlborough Region