We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearby holiday houses/units-Anchors Rest

Port Hedland...
Level Contributor
21 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Nearby holiday houses/units-Anchors Rest

Apologies in advance, if this has already been asked. We have booked the Anchors Rest and I am wanting to find some more accomodation for other family, holiday homes/units that are within walking distance to the Anchors Rest. We would prefer holiday homes compared to Resort accommodation. I have looked on Holiday houses Rarotonga but the map doesnt seem to deplict the correct position of the holiday houses, going by the reviews.

We would like accommodation that would sleep 5 people/ a family, accomodation that allow children.

I know the Ra mura is next door to the Anchors rest but i am also after other recommendations please. Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Rarotonga
Rarotonga
Southern Cook Islands, Cook Islands
4 replies to this topic
Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
17,047 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearby holiday houses/units-Anchors Rest

Kia Orana Chichi, welcome to the Cook Islands forum.

There is Pae Moana villa about 6 properties away to the west, past the Aroa Beachside Inn. Newish home, but there is a section next door to it which had a large pig tied to a tree no more than 5 metres from the hammock at Pae Moana. Might be suitable if the pig isn't there still.

One of the previous owners of Aroa Beachside Inn had a holiday home next to Aroa Beachside Inn. You could perhaps enquire through the current owners of the Inn, about who to contact ? And I think that the owner of the Taurea Nui studios in Titikaveka (next to Heliconia) has a house in Kavera next to Pae Moana also.

Although it's not beachfront, the Black Pearl motel in Kavera might be suitable for a family group? The Black Pearl is about 500 metres from your accommodation.

Vaiakura holiday villas sees lots of guests staying there. The villas are to the west of Anchors Rest - across the stream, and are beachfront.

This is the link to Pae Moana - https:/…pae-moana-accommodation

Vaiakura villas - http://www.vaiakura.com/

Good luck with your search. Kia manuia.

Mentioned in this post
Cook Islands
Cook Islands
South Pacific
Titikaveka
Titikaveka
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
Lake Macquarie...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearby holiday houses/units-Anchors Rest

Hi Chichi056,

The property next door to Aroa Beachside Inn is "Arorangi Retreat" a newish 3 bedroom house. https:/…19471

Pae Moana is a lovely property, we had the pleasure of inspecting it last year. No pig next door when we were there and has lovely high fences on both sides of the property for privacy.

Other properties which you may be interested in, a little further to the north of Vaiakura Holiday Homes are:

Sunset Quay , Arorangi Beachfront Bungalow and Studio and Kavera Beach House.

There are also 2 X 2 bedroom properties on the other side of the stream - sorry I can't think of their name, if it comes to me I will repost.

We stayed at Anchors Rest last September/October - I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time there. It's on a lovely stretch of beach. If you require any information about the property, I would be happy to assist you with any "inside information".

Port Hedland...
Level Contributor
21 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nearby holiday houses/units-Anchors Rest

Kia orana Frangipani.

Thank you for all the suggested surrounding accommodation. I will contact the owners to see whats available near to the Anchors rest.

Meitaki

Port Hedland...
Level Contributor
21 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nearby holiday houses/units-Anchors Rest

Thank you Fernsie.

I will do some more investigation and then contact the appropiate people.

Reply to: Nearby holiday houses/units-Anchors Rest
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Aroa Beach