We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Least Rainy Carribbean Island to Travel to in August

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
15 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Least Rainy Carribbean Island to Travel to in August

My wife and I are looking to travel to the Caribbean in August and wanted to know which islands will have the least amount of rain and chance of hurricanes.

I've heard Aruba, Bermuda, and Barbados as suggestions. Any others?

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Bermuda
Bermuda
Caribbean
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
2 replies to this topic
Kitchener Ontario
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Least Rainy Carribbean Island to Travel to in August

When you find this out, let all of us know. Currently my crystal ball is in the shop and won't be fixed for a few more months. Last year was a much different year for a lot of islands than the norm - what will this year bring ?????

So... might not get much help in the " Caribbean " forum. Its not well viewed and most members only monitor specific island forums they frequent and are familiar with.

As a " general " rule, the father south you go the less likely of rain / hurricanes. Would not suggest Bermuda as its usually in the main path. Barbados is a bit hit or miss ( usually more miss ) however they get enough tail end winds / tropical storms that could last a few days.

Aruba is your best bet although not a cheap island to visit. Typically Aruba get about 3 - 5 " of rain a year since its a desert but last year they did see some major flooding due to well above average rainfall ( after August though ). IMO also not much culture but the amazing beaches can be quite busy will wall to wall people depending on location. Are you going all inclusive or condo / villa type rental ?

For perhaps more choices, try Google and see what other island have typically less amounts of rainfall ( even by month )

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Bermuda
Bermuda
Caribbean
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Kitchener Ontario
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Least Rainy Carribbean Island to Travel to in August

https:/…rainy-days-by-caribbean-country

Although it think Aruba is a good choice, also keep in mind that just because an island say " rain " doesn't mean its all day long OR even for the whole island. Sometimes their are pockets of showers that pass through

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Reply to: Least Rainy Carribbean Island to Travel to in August
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted