We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Azure Villa

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Azure Villa

Has anyone stayed or seen this villa? We are planning a trip there this winter, hoping for some insider information!

Thanks,

New York City
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Azure Villa

Stayed there 2/07. Our problem was the villa being built next door after being told that there definitely would be no construction. It's over a year since our stay so one would think that it would be finished. I would be concerned about consruction behind the villa. There was an expanse of land that had been cleared prior to our arrival and there was no indication was was going to happen. I just happened to check in here and caught your post-you can probably drill into this forum to get caught up on constuction in the Sea Rocks area. I got $3.000 back from the owner but I would have traded it for peace and quiet. Noise issues aside, the villa was great with probably the best view of anyplace I've stayed(not that I'm any world traveler).

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Azure Villa

What did you think of the villa itsself? We just put in our paperwork to reserve the villa? Ameneties, walk to the beach etc?

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Azure Villa

I think Azure Villa overlooks Shoal Bay East. If it's where I think it is, it's perched on a cliff and is a short drive to Shoal Bay East (and the view is the endless Atlantic).

New York City
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Azure Villa

I found this place in the Islands magazine classifieds. The owner has a website www.azurevilla.com You cannot walk to the beach but if you check to website you will see a walkway down the cliff to the water. It was not complete when I was there(no platform or ladder). Maybe it has been finished. By the way, I did not check the website before responding so maybe it has been updated but as you look at the villa from the water the property to the left is where the construction was located. I originally contacted the owner directly but later decided to use an agency. The woman at the agency turned out to be very helpful. You cannot walk to the beach-it is a short drive to Shoal Bay East beaches(which are great). Check the website-it should answer your questions better than my ramblings. By the way, our 2 favorite spots were Gwen's(which you can actually see from your deck) and Tropical Sunset(?) which is around the point of land.Check the website. If you have more specific questions, I may be able to help.

New York City
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Azure Villa

OK,I've just checked the website aand the water views of the villa have been removed. Not trying to alarm you but you may want to quiz your agency. In my dealing with the owner he said there was no construction going on. I had stayed in a villa in Cabo the year before that had an empty lot right next store in a developement that had a lot going on. We were lucky in that instance. So when I saw the empty lot it raised a flag. I would ask about it. You will be(I'm pretty sure) going to the beach during the day so it may not be an issue. Hopefully it has been completed. It just that the painful memory of ten guys nailing the roof sheathing at 7:00am our first(Sunday!)morning is not something you'd want to be surprised by. Sorry if I've alarmed you.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Azure Villa

Thanks for the information; we will definitely be contacting our agent to get this sorted. What was your opinion of the actual villa itself, interior, amenities, pool, staff? We were origonally looking at Villa paradise, however, thought this would be better b/c it is closer to shoal bay beach.

New York City
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Azure Villa

Well, if there is no building nearby I wouldn't mind returning to Azure villa. You didn't mention if you checked the website-I'll assume you have. The pool, while not olympic size was very nice. Nice infinity edge with a great view. That's a jacuzzi right behind it by the way. As far as staff, our deal included a cleaning crew(2) maybe every third day. They weren't lightning quick, but were finished by the time we returned from our travels. Had a good sound system with outdoor speakers and (as far as I can recall) a well outfitted kitchen. Except for the fact that the cooking area was a step or two above the dining area. No problem for most groups. Unless you travel(like some people!) with a bunch of sporadic alcoholics. Other than the noise we had no problems whatsoever.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Azure Villa

Thanks for all your information; we have already made our reservations so hopefully it all works out. I have been to Anguilla before, hoping this villa lives up to the website & price! It looks amazing, but i can see how construction no matter what would ruin a trip! We have our agent looking into the building etc. I think they did complete the stairway down to the ocean, as well as added some touches to the staff & interior. I'll let you know how it goes; we have to wait until next year to go!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
57 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Azure Villa

We’ve stayed at Villa Azure in April 2008. The villa next door did not cause us any problems with the noise. The construction of the villa was not finished and the whole place looked abandoned. The grass was growing through the ruins of what used to be the construction site. This was not a pretty picture. One night someone even set the fire in that place and we had to call the local police.

The problem with un-finished construction is throughout the entire island. Everywhere we went, we saw unfinished and abandoned construction sites. We’ve loved the beaches, but we all got somewhat rundown feeling from the island and it did spoil our overall impression.

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Azure Villa

It's unlikely that there will be any noise from the uncompleted villa next door. The owners unfortunately had not one, not two but three shyster contractors and have sold the handmade furniture and whatever else they had purchased for the interior and left island last March.

The unfinished villa is for sale "as is". What a shame. They were lovely,talented people.

AXA Beach Bum

P. S. the owners of Azure are great and are frequently on island during the winter months. It's gorgeous, you shouldn't be disappointed.