We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galley Bay Resort day-pass

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
691 posts
188 reviews
Save Topic
Galley Bay Resort day-pass

I just called the resort and found out the day pass is $170 and we are allowed from 10 am - 6 pm. Lunch and facilities can be used. Since we will be there in early April we can't reserve yet and I am asked to call couple of days before as it's their peak season and they may not sell any day pass based on occupancy at that time.

I am posting it as I didn't find any recent information about this here. Also, I have few questions which I didn't find comfortable asking but if we go in there at 10:00 am will there be drinks and food we can eat or are they served at only fixed times as it's a smaller All-Inclusive? I am thinking I might take my teenage son (17) for one day so he can enjoy this cool resort.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,395 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galley Bay Resort day-pass

If you have spoken to the resort and they gave you their policy than that's their policy so I am not sure why anyone here can tell you differently.

As to your other questions, drinks are available all day long so getting something to drink around 10am wouldn't be a problem. Food is served at normal meal times. They are usually finished serving breakfast by 10am. If I recall correctly they start serving lunch at noon.

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
691 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galley Bay Resort day-pass

Thank you for the information about drinks. I also just checked their website and times of all restaurants and found out that while main restaurants open at 12 for lunch the TeePee Bar serves drinks from 10 am.

English Harbour...
Level Contributor
136 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Galley Bay Resort day-pass

Galley Bay is an adult resort. Over 18's only. They may not ask your 17 year old, but you never know.

It's a beautiful resort on a fantastic beach. We rented a home nearby and spent time there recently. I'm not sure it's got that much for a 17 year old on a day pass. Depends on what you are after.

Mentioned in this post
Galley Bay Resort & Spa - All Inclusive
Galley Bay Resort & Spa...
3,483 Reviews
Antigua
Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
691 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Galley Bay Resort day-pass

I thought they said 16 and above. I'll probably pass as he might get bored. Since we rented property at Tamarind Hills he might enjoy a day at all inclusive eating when he wants. But since their dinning times are limited he may not enjoy as much I enjoy.

Maybe I'm looking to enjoy myself more than him with his excuse while my wife and daughter spend time at tamarind Hills with other friends 😀.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,396 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Galley Bay Resort day-pass

I don't think you'd find Galley Bay an ideal choice for a day out with your son - it's very 'couples' (and a bit romantic), and there isn't actually very much to do other than hang out on the beach, which isn't the best for swimming or snorkelling.

If you want a fun thing to do, how about a reef riders tour and some snorkelling - http://www.antiguareefriders.com/ - based just up the road at Jolly Harbour.

Or if you want a day pass, somewhere like Nonsuch Bay (which has great sailing etc) might be good. Otherwise a fishing trip can be a cool thing to do - http://www.fishingantigua.com/ and ziplining is always popular - http://antiguarainforest.com/tours/

Mentioned in this post
Galley Bay Resort & Spa - All Inclusive
Galley Bay Resort & Spa...
3,483 Reviews
Antigua
Nonsuch Bay Resort
Nonsuch Bay Resort
712 Reviews
Antigua
St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
954 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Galley Bay Resort day-pass

Another vote for ReefRiders. They offer a 4 hour trip. As a pair one of you gets to drive the boat ( swopping turns if you like). The lead boat will take you along the coast south from Jolly Harbour ( incidentally passing right under Tamarind Hills so your wife or daughter might get a picture? ) along to Cade's Reef where you have a stop for snorkellling ( this is the only way to get out there other than taking a boat trip) . Then back to Jolly . On the way back the leader lets you have 10mins "doing your own thing" . Although not quite as fast as jet skis there huge advantage is that you get to go somewhere and not just back and forth up and down the same 500meters plus you get some snorkellling.

Having returned to Jolly you can eat lunch in one of a number of places there or walk the quarter mile down to the main Jolly Beach and eat at Castaways and spend the rest of the day on the beach. If the Reef Riders were not enough your son could hire a jet ski for half an hour to get another " speed" fix.

Mentioned in this post
Jolly Beach
Jolly Beach
143 Reviews
Antigua
Castaways
Castaways
426 Reviews
Antigua
Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
691 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Galley Bay Resort day-pass

Thank you for the Reefriders info. That sounds more fun and exciting. I'll definitely do that.

8. Re: Galley Bay Resort day-pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2017, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about St. John's
Recent Conversations