We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Michael with the red cap at Halcyon Rex

4 posts
Save Topic
Michael with the red cap at Halcyon Rex

Does anyone know how to arrange a tour with Michael during a cruise stop? We enjoyed his tours last year as a guest at the resort.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Michael with the red cap at Halcyon Rex

Is he part of Halcyon staff? Or on the beach in front of Halcyon? We are at Halcyon now and I haven't seen a Michael with a red cap here.

4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Michael with the red cap at Halcyon Rex

He walks on the beach and not part of the staff

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Michael with the red cap at Halcyon Rex

Ok I'll watch for him and let you know.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,464 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Michael with the red cap at Halcyon Rex

I imagine Michael is a vendor selling tours for various operators on commission. if you know which trip you want it's always easiest (and cheaper) to book direct with the operators. If you're not sure, take a look at the things to do listings linked in the top bar for ideas. most beach vendors can only sell in person and wouldn't be able to take advance bookings.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Michael with the red cap at Halcyon Rex

I didn't find Michael with the red cap in front of Halcyon but there was Sneaky Pete's and Tony's Watersports. I can send their phone numbers of interested. But I do beleieve all vendors sell basically the same tours.

4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Michael with the red cap at Halcyon Rex

thank you for trying. He did a private tour for us and we had friends coming this time.

4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Michael with the red cap at Halcyon Rex

thank you for replying. Michael did private tours in Feb 2016 with us and we have friends heading up that were interested.

Edited: 20 December 2016, 05:49
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
139 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Michael with the red cap at Halcyon Rex

Mary, When we were staying at the Halcyon Rex last February, Michael brought us to Long Bay for snorkeling and stayed there a few hours and brought us back to the hotel. He showed us around the island and was an absolute hoot! I believe he might be in England right now, as he has a wife and home there. I'm pretty sure he told us that he goes there during low season and returns to Antigua after the holidays. That's probably why nobody has seen him around.

Mentioned in this post
Long Bay
Long Bay
264 Reviews
Antigua
Antigua
Antigua
Antigua and Barbuda
9. Re: Michael with the red cap at Halcyon Rex

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2017, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about St. John's
Recent Conversations