We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Grande Antigua - would a nursing baby be welcomed?

Kitchener Ontario...
Level Contributor
65 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Grande Antigua - would a nursing baby be welcomed?

planning on visiting this resort as part of a company trip for a week in February. This a reward trip for top sales people, and one of the qualifiers this year has a new-ish baby at home. Wants to bring his wife and baby, to thank her for putting up with his hard work and absence from home. We all realize that Sandals is adults only, but does anyone know how they would react, and how other guests would react, to a mom and baby being there? Very discreet, conservative family so there won't likely be any issues with nursing in public etc, but there will definitely be a baby. Any thoughts?

The Villas at Sunset Lane
The Villas at Sunset Lane
#1 of 16 hotels in St. John's
Jumby Bay Island
Jumby Bay Island
#2 of 16 hotels in St. John's
Blue Waters Antigua
Blue Waters Antigua
#3 of 16 hotels in St. John's
Kitchener Ontario
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Grande Antigua - would a nursing baby be welcomed?

I guess is this a day visit or for the full week? Have never seen a baby at an adults only Sandals before but have seen under age children for a wedding before. That only lasted a few hours before they returned to their resort. If its for the full week, not sure it would be allowed

NJ
Level Contributor
260 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Grande Antigua - would a nursing baby be welcomed?

I Don't want to see or hear a baby at Sandals. We spend a lot of money on a Sandals vacation BECAUSE there are no kids or babies. I wouldn't like it and I would complain to management

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,528 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Grande Antigua - would a nursing baby be welcomed?

Sandals is strictly adults only, and I think couples only as well. Children are allowed on the property for weddings and very special events, but cannot stay there. I suspect the family involved would end up feeling very uncomfortable, and other guests would be very unhappy. They would be very welcome at Sandals sister properties which fall under the Beaches brand, but there isn't one here on Antigua as yet.

Mentioned in this post
Antigua
Antigua
Antigua and Barbuda
NJ
Level Contributor
260 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Grande Antigua - would a nursing baby be welcomed?

Really what about couples only don't people get

Kitchener Ontario...
Level Contributor
65 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Grande Antigua - would a nursing baby be welcomed?

Yeah, I get you, but when the choice of the resort is not up to the individual, and the trip itself is a reward for hard work, it seems kind of a shame that someone who busted their butt to qualify won't be able to share the trip with their spouse because she is nursing. I personally don't want to see children on the resort either, as it makes me miss my kids too much. Oh well, maybe the mommy will decide it is a good time to wean the baby, so she can come.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Grande Antigua - would a nursing baby be welcomed?

There are also zero accomodations for anything baby - no cribs, bottle warmers, and so on. He can either go alone, or she should plan to leave the baby home if she goes too.

I'm in agreement with the others - I definitely don't want to spend my vacation at a couples only/adults only resort with someone's children and/or babies. I would go to a Beaches resort (family side of Sandals) if I wanted to do that.

NJ
Level Contributor
260 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Grande Antigua - would a nursing baby be welcomed?

My husband and I bust our buts all year long so we can spend the extra money for Sandals over other less expensive resorts so we don't have to see, hear or smell babies. I imagine there are a lot of people who go to Sandals who bust their buts all year and if they chose a resort that is for couples only then they should have to sit by anyone baby.

Kitchener Ontario
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Grande Antigua - would a nursing baby be welcomed?

I would also look forward to airlines that provide an " adult only " flight at times and perhaps spend extra for it. Not against children or babies being able to vacation on a nice tropical island but as others have said, hard earned dollars enabling you to spend on a nice quiet vacation.

Edited: 16 December 2016, 19:09
Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
216 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Grande Antigua - would a nursing baby be welcomed?

Your gripe is with the company providing the vacation not Sandals. I love children but want a quiet vacation.

NJ
Level Contributor
260 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Grande Antigua - would a nursing baby be welcomed?

I agree with travelpair1, why the company would pick a couples only resort is beyond me. I guess they don't have single employees. Maybe run your friends situation by the company and suggest a switch to a Beaches resort someplace.

Get answers to your questions about St. John's
Recent Conversations