We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using a GPS

Fenton, Michigan
Level Contributor
34 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Using a GPS

My wife and I are celebrating our 47th anniversary in Antigua next week. I have an Antigua map in my Garmin, but the hotel (Catamaran) does not have a street address, and I understand that many roads are unmarked. Any advice on how to get to where we are going, using the GPS? I wrote to the hotel, but did not receive a response.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Antigua
Antigua
Antigua and Barbuda
The Catamaran Hotel
The Catamaran Hotel
165 Reviews
Antigua
Torquay, England
Level Contributor
689 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Using a GPS

Rather than entering in an address can you find the hotel on the map and then pin it.

Fenton, Michigan
Level Contributor
34 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Using a GPS

Thanks, I've never tried that before.

I thought about inputting coordinates, but those provided are not in the same format as the GPS.

Toronto, Canada
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Using a GPS

I am in Antigua now. I can find the hotel under points of interest (lodging). Try that.

Mentioned in this post
Antigua
Antigua
Antigua and Barbuda
Fenton, Michigan
Level Contributor
34 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Using a GPS

Thanks. I'll try that, when I arrive in Antigua.

Mentioned in this post
Antigua
Antigua
Antigua and Barbuda
St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
954 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Using a GPS

If all else fails set GPS for directions to Nelsons Dockyard. That will put you on the correct arterial road out of St Johns which is the difficult part of the route . Catamaran Hotel is on that road but at least two miles before Nelsons Dockyard itself . You will come over the brow of a hill and cannot miss the magnificent view of Falmouth Harbour on the right. continue down the hill until you reach the flat and then watch carefully for signpost on right side of the road to Catamaran Hotel which is down a side road on right. If you reach Baileys small supermarket on the left you have just overshot the turning.

Mentioned in this post
The Catamaran Hotel
The Catamaran Hotel
165 Reviews
Antigua
St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Using a GPS

What Nick said.

After coming down the hill it's about a minute's drive on your right hand side. There's also a small signpost on the same side I think. IT's almost directly opposite to Sweet T's restaurant on the left hand side, a brightly colored pink building.

7. Re: Using a GPS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2018, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about St. John's
Recent Conversations