We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Antigua - Restaurant Advice

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
13 posts
41 reviews
Sandals Antigua - Restaurant Advice

would love Sandals Antigua advice on restaurants for all meals for a week's stay

what should we definitely try and what should we not bother with!

Montrose, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
54 reviews
1. Re: Sandals Antigua - Restaurant Advice

Hi Lauren, have you had a look at the website? Sample menu's are listed so you'll get an idea of what sort of food is available.

www.sandals.co.uk/main/antigua/an-dining/

We liked Mario's for breakfast and dinner, large buffet selection of hot and cold dishes at breakfast along with an omelette/egg station. At dinner they offer a large selection of antipasto along with a good selection from the menu.

Eleanor's is full al a carte for breakfast and dinner, the food was on the whole very good but the service wasn't great, nothing to complain about, just a bit hit or miss. It is nice having breakfast served though while taking in the view!

Bayside is again buffet style but located on the seafront, so fantastic views as you eat. Look out for birds though and make sure you don't leave any food or drinks uncovered if you leave your table for something! At lunch they do a themed buffet each day, so Caribbean, French, Italian etc.

Barefoot is menu and waiter service for lunch and diner, food was OK but not a big choice, lovely eating in the open air right on the beach though.

OK Corral was Ok but it always felt a little rushed, one night we had our three courses in less than an hour!

Drunken Duck, AVOID! Meant to be gourmet pub food but was dire!

We didn't try Soy or Kimono's

The Courtyard Bistro is good for a quick bite if you don't fancy a full lunch, or if you've come back from a trip and lunch service has finished.

Café de Paris is a lovely after lunch option, we often headed there for a coffee and cake/ice cream before heading back to the pool.

Remember to reserve Eleanor's and Kimono's for dinner as soon as you arrive, they do get booked up fast. The others can be busy at peak times, they take your name and room number, then they'll come and get you when a table is ready.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
687 posts
83 reviews
2. Re: Sandals Antigua - Restaurant Advice

I like breakfast at the Bayside b/c of the view but some people don't like the birds. Breakfast is good but it is breakfast. Eleanors has a sit down breakfast but I prefer to get a light breakfast a the buffets. Lunch - pizza is really good. Bayside is good for breakfast as they have different options - plus if you don't like what they have, there is a small takeout lunch next door. So I would get nachos or a sandwich and take it in the bayside and eat it there while my husband got the buffet (they sometimes had a pasta station which was good). People like Barefoot but I was not a fan.

For dinner, Kimonos is nice to meet other people and it is fun most of the time. Food is good - not great. Soy is really good. Husband loved it - we ate there as an appetizer. I don't like sushi but got the crab sushi since it was cooked crab. It was really good! Plus the Japanese beer is good too!

We don't eat at Eleanors b/c he won't wear pants in Caribbean - he says he hates dressing like he is going to work on vacation (but I will tell you he always wears NICE short and a nice shirt - some people do dress like bums which I don't love).

OK Corral - surprised some people give it a bad review. We love it. Ribs (short and babyback) are good. Taco appetizer awesome. I had a really good steak there.

Marios is good - they have a huge appetizer buffet which is awesome. I had steak there and my husband likes the food a lot there.

The pub is good too. we tend to eat there the first night b/c we are tired and don't want to really dress up and do the long dinner thing. We grab wings, burgers, etc there. Very fun place and good food. Plus if you have a small dinner or are hungry later in the night, you can go in and order more food there.

Some people claim it isn't a 5 star restaurant place. Well - it is really good. But to me, any restaurant in the Caribbean I have been to (Mexico inclided) isn't as good as the best restaurants we have in the states. But I like it and I like the many choices.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
162 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Sandals Antigua - Restaurant Advice

Mario's for sure--liked their breakfast as it was inside. And their antipasto buffet is awesome--can make a meal of that alone!! Make sure you have the chocolate lava cake for dessert.

We loved the pizza for lunch, as well as the burgers. OK Corral is hit or miss--have been there sometimes and had the best meal ever, and then been there and have had the worst meal. Same with the service. Guess it depends on the chef and the server. I can say the same for Eleanors as well.

Barefoot is always good as is the pub. Enjoy!

4. Re: Sandals Antigua - Restaurant Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2017, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about St. John's
Recent Conversations