We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renaissance or Holiday Inn?

Mount Horeb...
Level Contributor
66 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Renaissance or Holiday Inn?

Which offers a better location? Amenities? I’d like to be on the beach and within walking distance to shops and restaurants. Both seem to be around the same budget.

Thanks!

11 replies to this topic
new york
Level Contributor
535 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renaissance or Holiday Inn?

The Renaissance is not on the beach- you will have to take a boat to the beach. This hotel is in downtown Aruba with lots of shopping and dining options.

Sudbury, Canada
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,382 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renaissance or Holiday Inn?

The Renaissance has a Marina side which is adults only. There is an infinity pool there. The boat leaves from the lobby every 15 minutes to the private island which is beautiful. You can also use the facilities across the street at the Ocean Suite side. Lovely pool and swim up bar and a swimming lagoon. That being said Holiday Inn is on the beach and in the middle of lots of shops and restaurants.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
5,525 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renaissance or Holiday Inn?

My vote would be the HI because its on the beach and not downtown. The private island is nice and people really enjoy the Renn I would just pick the HI based on location.

Boston
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renaissance or Holiday Inn?

another vote for HI

Woodbridge, Virginia
Level Contributor
365 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renaissance or Holiday Inn?

We have stayed at both and without a doubt I would choose Holiday Inn based on your thoughts about being in proximity to the beach. Both have walk-able restaurants, but we have found the downtown area surprisingly dead in the evening. Palm Beach is always buzzing with people out in the evenings, lots of restaurants and shopping in walking distance. The room and the pool were nicer at the Renaissance though. Regardless of which one you pick, you should visit the other area for a meal or to walk around the area so you know where to book for your next trip.

Sudbury, Canada
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,382 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renaissance or Holiday Inn?

I think Holiday Inn is what you are looking for.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
458 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renaissance or Holiday Inn?

I was frankly disappointed with the Renaissance. Our family visited on day passes maybe 15 years ago and liked the private island a lot. Last summer, I actually stayed at the Renaissance marina units. The units themselves were extremely small, and the island facilities were really showing their age. Lounge chairs were dirty and had deep sags from stretches in the material. And there was little shade to be found. After only one day, we started to drive up to the Amsterdam Manor beach where we paid a fee to rent chars and use the palapas for the remainder of the week.

I’ve stayed at the HI only once. It was fine but very crowded as most of the Palm Beach hotels are. Although I prefer Eagle Beach facilities, I think I would choose the HI over the Renaissance.

Sudbury, Canada
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,382 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Renaissance or Holiday Inn?

This was not our experience at the Renaissance. The Marina rooms are not large but were adequate. We didn't have any problem finding shade or loungers. We enjoyed the Ocean Side as well as well as the private island. The infinity pool was lovely. Our expectations were realistic given the deal we got.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
167 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Renaissance or Holiday Inn?

Just came back from my 2nd trip to HI. I think the location is perfect for dining, shopping and activities. I’d recommend it.

Level Contributor
163 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Renaissance or Holiday Inn?

Renaissance has the vicinity for shopping and dining - you are right downtown where all the great restaurants and shops are. If you want beach when you walk out you will get that at HI, however if you stay at Renaissance Ocean Suites you have a direc t access either by going to the man made lagoon or the exclusive island. If you are planning on seeing the flamingos this trip - you get that for free when you stay at Ren, otherwise it’s 125pp staying elsewhere. In the end - if you want Americanized go with HI, if you want something more diverse and Aruba go with Ren.

Reply to: Renaissance or Holiday Inn?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted