We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Realistic time of arrival

New Jersey
Level Contributor
59 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Realistic time of arrival

We land in Aruba at 1:10pm on a Friday. What's a realistic time we would be at our hotel Bucuti/Tara Resort? And what's faster, car rental, taxi or arranged taxi in advance if possible.

Aruba ATV Tour with Natural Pool Swim
250 Reviews
from US$79.50*
Aruba Catamaran Sail with Snorkeling
219 Reviews
from US$45.00*
Special Offer
Aruba Island Ultimate Safari
528 Reviews
from US$106.99*
US$111.78
10 replies to this topic
Southampton, PA
Level Contributor
150 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Realistic time of arrival

It all depends on how many other flights are arriving at the same time as yours, and if you need to wait for luggage. Immigration can be anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour but usually isn't too bad.

Once out of the airport, it's only a few minutes to the hotel if you're taking a cab. If you're taking one of the shuttles that many other people are taking, you'll need to make many stops along the way. Taxis are definitely the way to go. Walk out, go to the taxi stand, you'll be on your way in minutes. Just about 15-20 minutes to Bucuti, depending on traffic.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
59 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Realistic time of arrival

I'd love to not check bags but liquids becomes a problem on carry on only. Have TSA pre check but doesn't help arrival I do that think. Thanks

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
723 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Realistic time of arrival

Checked bags aren't a huge time waster. Aruba's not a huge airport by any means.

That said, if liquids mean booze, the duty free has a good selection. Each person can buy two bottles.

All in all, entering Aruba, getting a cab, and getting to Bucuti is a breeze, but leaving can be time consuming.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
59 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Realistic time of arrival

Liquids as in lotions not potions although that's good too. Thanks seems like a non issue. 26 days and counting!!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
849 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Realistic time of arrival

Even with checked bags to wait to retrieve, I’d expect you should be at your hotel no later than 2:30.

Enjoy!

Edited: 09 June 2018, 12:08
New Jersey
Level Contributor
59 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Realistic time of arrival

TX! I'll take 2:30pm.

NJ
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Realistic time of arrival

That’s usually the flight we take and you should be at the hotel before 2:30.

Southampton, PA
Level Contributor
150 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Realistic time of arrival

We have found that buying a bunch of the small 3oz size tubes of sunblock, you can usually cram enough in each of your 3-1-1 bags to last about 1 week; if you are okay with using the hotel toiletries. Remember that medical related liquids can be carried in an additional 3-1-1 bag.

Also, you can buy more sunblock in Aruba. Yes, it's a few dollars more expensive than at home, but with most airlines charging for a checked bag, you might save money.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
59 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Realistic time of arrival

Mike good point on buying lotions at hotel.

New York
Level Contributor
564 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Realistic time of arrival

You could get lucky. Several times our flight has come in a half hour early. I wouldn't count on it though. In May our flight came in early, but several flights came in at the same time so we had a pretty long line at Aruba Customs. I would think you would be at your hotel by 2:30pm. We like having a car as we like the freedom it gives us to tour the island. Most of the restaurants we go to we have to drive. We rent from National right across from the terminal and it is nice and easy. Taxi's are fine too.

Reply to: Realistic time of arrival
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted