We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roaming Dogs

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Roaming Dogs

Are dogs that are not on a leash, mainly in residential areas,an issue while walking?I may rent a condo/apartment while in Aruba and read on a TA post someone had an incident in such a neighbourhood.

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
8 replies to this topic
New Jersey
Level Contributor
259 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roaming Dogs

When I rented an apt in Noord, there were a few dogs a few houses down. They seemed to belong to someone in the area. They barked but didn’t come after me. It’s hard to generalize what could happen with dogs on the street. Use precaution

Edited: 11 June 2018, 09:53
Mentioned in this post
Noord
Noord
Aruba
New Jersey
Level Contributor
56 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roaming Dogs

What about when running early morning on main road from hotel to hotel? Is dogs and issue?

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
134 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roaming Dogs

I ran in the mornings on two separate stays in the Eagle Beach area, and never encountered any stray dogs.

Mentioned in this post
Eagle Beach
Eagle Beach
8,012 Reviews
Aruba
New Jersey
Level Contributor
259 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roaming Dogs

Main road behind the hotels— no. The dogs tends to be within the residential areas.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Roaming Dogs

There's about 4 dogs that hang around next to Dorado Eagle beach hotel,at least until the last time we visited a year ago.They've been there a few years now as I could see and hear them when i was staying at Oceania{across the field}.it was the one night I stayed at dorado{waiting for my room at Costa Linda}that I found out for sure where they stayed.Up until that time I thought someone was out with their dogs.

I've seen them since wandering on the main strip and beach occasionally,at Alhambra as well.I've seen different strays walking to Lings too,not to mention downtown,behind the renaissance.It's a sad situation as these dogs are looking for food.I've never had a problem with any of them.

Mentioned in this post
Dorado Eagle Beach Hotel
Dorado Eagle Beach Hotel
26 Reviews
Aruba
Costa Linda Beach Resort
Costa Linda Beach Resort
584 Reviews
Aruba
Mahwah, New Jersey
Level Contributor
560 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roaming Dogs

I have seen stray dogs on the beach and hotel areas, I have not stayed outside of the resort zone. They have never acted aggressively or even approached me, although one hopped into a lounger next to my palapa where someone left their unfinished nachos and had an afternoon snack. Also some locals allow their dogs to roam so some dogs that appear to be strays are not.The stray dog situation is sad although there are several rescue groups in Aruba working to help educate the population on spay and neuter and also help to find homes for puppies off the island.

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Roaming Dogs

Please visit Sgt. Peppers Friends in Aruba They are doing amazing things for the strays I brought them supplies from NY on my last visit and got to play with the 8 puppies they had

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
New Jersey
Level Contributor
56 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Roaming Dogs

Thanks for all the replys!

Reply to: Roaming Dogs