We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arikok National Park

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
83 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Arikok National Park

We've wondered around the other side of the island many times but have only traveled as far as just past the natural bridge. Never quite gone as far as Arikok National Park. We always rent a 5 person covered ATV so we have the ability to wonder a little further and off the beaten path. This year we were going to check out Arikok.

Can we get into Arikok traveling along the Northeast side of the island traveling along the coast towards the Natural Pool? If not, do we have to enter through the main entrance?

Are there any other spots in the park that we should check out? My 8 year old twins are into exploring so we want to hit lots of caves and climbing "things" so we were just going to drive around and explore on our own but were wondering if there were some great places to explore. Also, they would like to look for gold as they have heard there was gold over there. Any places to go for that?

Mentioned in this post
Arikok National Park
Arikok National Park
888 Reviews
Aruba
Natural Pool
Natural Pool
2,282 Reviews
Aruba
ATV Off-Road Tour and Natural Pool...
99 Reviews
from US$80.00*
Rugged Natural Pool Safari
232 Reviews
from US$89.99*
Special Offer
Aruba Island Ultimate Safari
439 Reviews
from US$106.99*
US$111.78
7 replies to this topic
MD
Level Contributor
631 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arikok National Park

You cannot go through along the coast, you have to either go in the main entrance. I'm assuming as long as you have a wristband you can also go through the exit/entrance past the windmills, but pretty much everyone goes in the main entrance since people usually come from that direction.

the caves are pretty cool and go pretty deep. It's eerily quiet in there. There are also bats but they don't bother you. I believe you can get a guided tour from the people there too if you want but I could be wrong about that. It was also very hot in the caves to me. But they are pretty cool.

The natural pool is really fun to ATV to and see so definitely check that out.

I also think the windmills are awesome. I've never seen windmills other than Aruba and really enjoyed being able to get right next to them and seeing how big they are.

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
83 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arikok National Park

Thanks for the response purbeast.

I didn't figure we could go along the coast. Last year when we were up there with our UTV we noticed there wasn't much of a path/road past the Natural Bridge. I remember the people who dropped it off telling us not to go past that because it get pretty rough. We weren't planning on going that far anyways since we had some other spots to hit.

The kids will definitely love the caves and the windmills. Thanks for the heads up on the heat in the caves.

Mentioned in this post
Natural Bridge
Natural Bridge
930 Reviews
Aruba
Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
991 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arikok National Park

You can head back inland from the Natural Bridge to the town of Shete and enter the park from there! It is your most direct route to the NP from the NB.

Wristbands???? when did they start issuing wristbands to be in the park?

Mentioned in this post
Natural Bridge
Natural Bridge
930 Reviews
Aruba
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arikok National Park

Wristbands?

I have also not encountered anybody posting anything about needing wristbands?

Is this maybe a new "summer season" thing?

MD
Level Contributor
631 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arikok National Park

You have to pay $11 a person to enter the park. When you pay they give you a wristband to put on. This has been the case the last 3 times I went on ATV's to the natural pool, starting in September of 2015. The other 2 times I went was March of 2018 and November of 2018. So it was definitely not a "summer season" thing.

Level Contributor
15 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arikok National Park

yes when I went I had to purchase wristbands as well or the park ranger at the entrance will make you go and buy them. He said they're a donation for the park. When I went to the natural pool it was early in the morning so no guard was there but on the way back I still stopped to get the wristbands to go to the other side of the park.

Southampton, PA
Level Contributor
143 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arikok National Park

Yep, looks like there is an entrance fee. arubanationalpark.org/main/guest-information/

It had been free when we went, back in 2011.

The caves are pretty neat, but hot inside. Usually caves are pretty cool, but I guess Aruba never cools down :)

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Reply to: Arikok National Park
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted