We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for a quiet sunset cruise

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
614 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for a quiet sunset cruise

I am looking for a quiet - not real rowdy - sunset cruise - perhaps two hours - that does not Include Snorkeling. I was looking at Black Pearl but there is snorkeling on that one. I was also looking at Palm Sunset sail but many said it is very noisy. Suggestions Please. TIA

9 replies to this topic
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,559 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for a quiet sunset cruise

We haven enjoyed various trips on the Octopus over the years. They have a 2 hour sunset cruise which is laid back with no snorkeling.

https://octopusaruba.com/catamaran-trip/

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for a quiet sunset cruise

I’m not sure if this will help or make a difference to you but, we don’t snorkel either and thoroughly enjoyed the Black Pearl. The stops are not long - two of them. At one of the stops, it wasn’t very deep so we got outfor a swim. The boat has a very easy on/off ladder that drops down into the water and is more like stairs down to the water. I enjoyed everything about this cruise and was a bit concerned ahead since I had had my knee replaced.

It was great.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
614 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for a quiet sunset cruise

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I am going to check them both out. My knees are also bad and I was worried if I could get up and down the steps.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for a quiet sunset cruise

The Black Pearl is a lovely option. My knees are past their best, too, and getting in and out of the water was no problem. There are also deckhands who will lend you a hand.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,559 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for a quiet sunset cruise

It's a personal thing but as much as I want to go on the Black Pearl, I really just want a sunset cruise without people going up and down the ladder in wet bathing suits, etc. Not sure why it bugs me and I wish it didn't but it does. I either want to snorkel or do a sunset cruise but not both (and I don't want to be in a wet swimsuit after the sun goes down.) Again, just my own personal preference.

Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
974 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for a quiet sunset cruise

I agree with the OCTOPUS which Amy recommends.

Jethro runs a nice sail!

Lots of folks feel the same about a sunset cruise being only a sunset (not snorkeling) cruise.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions for a quiet sunset cruise

I am thinking about the sunset cruise on the Octopus but have a question as to how you board the boat. Do you take a dingy out to the boat, and if so, is it an easy boarding procedure,

Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
974 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions for a quiet sunset cruise

When we were on the Octopus ( 15 yrs ago) we boarded at the Pelican or Palm Pier.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
701 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestions for a quiet sunset cruise

Strea Charters is a nice private charter boat.

Reply to: Suggestions for a quiet sunset cruise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted