We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wanted:Beach Umbrella and 2 Comfy Beach Chairs!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Wanted:Beach Umbrella and 2 Comfy Beach Chairs!

Hi all! We arrive on 6-16-18 and we will be looking to buy a Beach Umbrella and 2 Beach Chairs, in reasonably good shape. We hope to avoid the sting of the rentals on the popular beaches for most of our 2 week stay. So .... anybody want to let us adopt their slightly used and not abused Beach Umbrella and Beach Chairs?

We will have a car rental and could arrange to meet you at your convenience, anytime after 11AM on Saturday, 6-16-18. Let your stuff become our stuff, for a reasonable exchange of course. Dinner could be a possibility (I am a great cook!). Thank you!

5 replies to this topic
Niagara-on-the-Lake...
Level Contributor
449 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wanted:Beach Umbrella and 2 Comfy Beach Chairs!

We always have a couple of beach chairs in our trunk while in Aruba. You dont really need an umbrella, we can always find a Palapa or a tree, we prefer a tree. There are hardware stores you can buy what you need, use them and before you leave donate them to an Aruban family, we did this once when the chairs supplied by our vacation rental were lousy.

Enjoy your trip!

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wanted:Beach Umbrella and 2 Comfy Beach Chairs!

check out upstairs at superfood.

they have some reasonably priced beach chairs.

I know you are looking to "adopt", but you will have better luck purchasing.

Dartmouth...
Level Contributor
437 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wanted:Beach Umbrella and 2 Comfy Beach Chairs!

Don’t use a cheap umbrella. They can’t stand up to the wind. They will blow away and can cause injuries on the beach.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wanted:Beach Umbrella and 2 Comfy Beach Chairs!

Thanks for the thoughts.

Please people, let your beach chairs and/or beach umbrella become my beach chairs and beach umbrella!

I pledge to do the same after our 2 weeks are up.

I will treat them as if they were my very own! LOL!

And thank you , Andrea, for the tip about the upstairs at Super Food!

BTW, where is this Super Food? Do they also sell the beach umbrella?

(I need to keep the wife out of the sun. (She is on medication for LYME Disease management, and the medication will sensitize her to those ultraviolet rays, don't you know!)

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wanted:Beach Umbrella and 2 Comfy Beach Chairs!

You won’t be able to set up a cheap beach umbrella in Aruba. Winds are consistently 20-25mph. You umbrella will blow away and hurt someone.

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Reply to: Wanted:Beach Umbrella and 2 Comfy Beach Chairs!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted