We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada strikes again!

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
6,009 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Air Canada strikes again!

It looks like AC has added another insult to business class passengers flying out of BGI...

"Sadly, I can confirm that as of October 1st 2017, Business class (premium Rouge) passengers don't get free access to the Airlines Executive Lounge in BGI. I was told that it was to bring it in line with other Rouge destinations." The quote is from Flyertalk AC forum.

I posted this as a heads up for passengers buying return business class tickets thinking they get access to the lounge.

Does anyone know what the "walk in" charge is?

28 replies to this topic
Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
6,009 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Air Canada strikes again!

I have been told via messenger on the AC Facebook page that any new update will be posted on their website regarding BGI access under, I assume since I wasn't told, the "Read" section. A date for this update was not given. Maybe access will be restored.

GEM
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Air Canada strikes again!

Never experienced Virgin or another other lounge but Toronto and Barbados. Toronto was good two years ago not so good last year. Agree Bgi isn't great but it does have wifi and the staff is nice. Nice if you are there early to have the wifi.

Thanks for the update NC. Would be nice to know one way or another before buying a pass. However I think we will probably end up passing on the lounge on the way home. AC sure knows how to dangle the carrot and then start taking things away.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Chemainus, Canada
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Air Canada strikes again!

Air Canada has bigger issues than this.

AC1714 Toronto to Barbados (and hence the return AC 1715 has not flown since it last flight 2/20. For 3 days the flight has been cancelled even though they gave 8 767s. They have 1692 people hung out to dry. The cannot tell me it is weather because that is BS. They have a huge fleet to call on but they would just rather crap on their customers.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
15,017 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Air Canada strikes again!

You mean that No AC or Rouge flights have come in for 3 days? --- that none of those who have vacations booked can reach here? --- That is utterly shameful - those poor vacationers .....

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
100 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Air Canada strikes again!

Not true. They did cancel the Rouge flight the past couple of days. But the regular AC one went.

GEM
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Air Canada strikes again!

Was just going to say the same thing, talked to a friend and nothing has been cancelled just a switch in the planes.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
15,017 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Air Canada strikes again!

Thanks - makes me feel better - glad no one has lost their vacay over AC !

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
6,009 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Air Canada strikes again!

Ok so are you saying the 319 rouge and a rouge flight using a 777 or 787 have been coming down? If so that is just a maintenance switch out. Not a true cancellation, a plane did bring passengers down.

Reply to: Air Canada strikes again!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted