We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To swap or not?

Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
To swap or not?

We are due to arrive at Infinity on the Beach at Dover beach in 2 weeks, reading about the sewage issues and gastroenteritis some have experienced, we are considering moving to further up the west coast. I have seen Treasure Beach by Elegant but it only seems to have 3 reviews on tripadvisor - was it called something else previously?

Is there as much to do at Paynes beach as Dover beach - eating out places etc?

Or are we bonkers and should take no notice of the sewage hype? My slightly dodgy stomach is feeling worried lol

Mentioned in this post
Infinity on the Beach
Infinity on the Beach
849 Reviews
Barbados
Dover Beach
Dover Beach
1,435 Reviews
Barbados
Treasure Beach by Elegant Hotels
Treasure Beach by...
12 Reviews
Barbados
29 replies to this topic
Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
14,932 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: To swap or not?

well since you are unable to change --- take extra health precautions - hand washing etc ... and Have a Lovely Holiday ... (no one knows if it's a "flu" bug and not anything to do with the problem area)

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: To swap or not?

Skysky69,

Can you do anything via travel insurance ?

Sadly Virgin won't care care about your holiday only about the money they make, had a bad experience with them a few years back and will never use them again.

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,810 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: To swap or not?

There are lot of people getting sick but there are a lot of flu bugs going around he world I am on my second bout of it since being here we are still enjoying ourselves

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
14,932 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: To swap or not?

Sorry to hear you've been sick twice already W-S (last thing you needed!) hope it's all over soon

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,468 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: To swap or not?

Seriously you won't even see the sewage issues if you stay in the Gap or east from there. Even if you go past the areas affected you will most likely be in a bus or taxi

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: To swap or not?

Was on Dover yesterday. It was beautiful. There were lots of people on the beach swimming and enjoying the area. Go and have fun.

Saint Michael...
Level Contributor
143 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: To swap or not?

The Sewage is not an issue in the area where you are staying; recent outbreaks of Gastro were not linked to the sewage problem either. Your trip will be fine. Come on over, relax and have fun!

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,810 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: To swap or not?

I think it's almost over ASO I'm hoping today was the last day I'll see when I wake up, I have too much planned for our last days before we go home Wednesday

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
5,981 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: To swap or not?

Kent please share the source for backing your statement that the cases of gastro on the south shore are *not* related to the sewage problem.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
5,981 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: To swap or not?

Will is this another case of gastro? Didn't you have that about two weeks ago? Very unusual if it is. How is Mrs. Will?

Reply to: To swap or not?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted