We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rediscover Barbados

Smithtown
1 post
Save Topic
Rediscover Barbados

I will be traveling to Barbados next month with my family of 5 (myself, husband,and 3 teenage boys). Rediscover Barbados sounds very tempting but I am wondering if it is a voucher that I purchase for only one meal? Can you use it multiple times and then just pay the price for the 3 course meal? Do I need to purchase for my sons as well? Does everyone in the party have to order off of that menu?

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Champers Restaurant
$$$$, American, Caribbean, Seafood
Nishi Restaurant
$$ - $$$, British, Caribbean, Seafood
3 replies to this topic
Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
15,312 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rediscover Barbados

The re-discover brochure is FREE --- pick one up on arrival at the Barbados Tourism Office at the airport as you arrive or have it sent to you at the place where you are staying in Barbados.

You need to present the brochure at lunchtime at restaurants which are part of the program and the restaurant will give you a discount of 10% off the bill.

At Dinner time one needs to phone and Pre Book your dinner reservation stating that you wish to Dine from the re-discover menu (one cannot just walk in and ask for the re-discover menu as it is not the same as the regular menu -- so the "kitchen" needs to know ahead of time how many meals/dinners they will be required to prepare)

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
15,312 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rediscover Barbados

http://www.re-discover.com/

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rediscover Barbados

I suspect the reason you have to let them know in advance is to do with how busy they are and whether they can accommodate people on the Rediscover offer or not, rather than preparing the kitchen! At peak times you may find it more difficult to get the offer. In the summer when restaurants are less busy you shouldn't have any problems and some restaurants not on the rediscover programme offer similar deals e.g. Hugo's, Island Plates in Speightstown and Nishi in Holetown.

Mentioned in this post
Island Plates
Island Plates
521 Reviews
Barbados
Nishi Restaurant
Nishi Restaurant
1,667 Reviews
Barbados
Holetown
Holetown
Barbados