We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairmont Royal Pavilion -- Regular Room or Junior Suite?

Crozet, Virginia
5 posts
Save Topic
Fairmont Royal Pavilion -- Regular Room or Junior Suite?

Looking to book a week there and have been researching but can't quite find the answer to this question.

Bottom line is the regular room (Oceanfront Deluxe King) has great views and is rather large for around $370/night + taxes, and the Junior suite is a tad larger with the somewhat private deck area for $570/might + taxes. But probably not as good of a view being so low.

Seems to me the regular rooms may have better views and a bit more privacy, while the Jr Suites have the extra space (but not a very private space from what I'm seeing?), plus the butler service.

Not sure if that's worth the extra $200+ per night?

Looking for opinions -- both look very nice since the renovation!

Thanks!!

Little Arches Boutique Hotel
Little Arches Boutique Hotel
#1 of 50 hotels in Christ Church Parish
Beach View
Beach View
#1 of 25 hotels in Saint James Parish
Yellow Bird Hotel
Yellow Bird Hotel
#1 of 9 hotels in St. Lawrence Gap
10 replies to this topic
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,728 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fairmont Royal Pavilion -- Regular Room or Junior Suite?

How much time will you spend in your hotel room, then go from there.

Crozet, Virginia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fairmont Royal Pavilion -- Regular Room or Junior Suite?

I’m leaning toward the regular room... looks more private for when we’re in the room and though the deck space is nice on the junior suite, the regular room comes with that big ol beach to sit at ;)

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,728 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fairmont Royal Pavilion -- Regular Room or Junior Suite?

So if that’s what you want for your vacation then go for it.

Enjoy Barbados

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Crozet, Virginia
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fairmont Royal Pavilion -- Regular Room or Junior Suite?

Thanks! Just looking for opinions from people who might have been in both room types.

Edited: 12 June 2018, 07:03
5. Re: Fairmont Royal Pavilion -- Regular Room or Junior Suite?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 June 2018, 14:44
Edited: 12 June 2018, 14:44

Rhone-Alpes, France
Level Contributor
694 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fairmont Royal Pavilion -- Regular Room or Junior Suite?

judyman - have you looked at the 'Room Tips' section on the Fairmont TA review pages? You could send a personal message to one or two of the reviewers perhaps. Also look at the review entitled 'My Favourite Beach Hotel' where the reviewer even suggests room numbers - their preference was the ocean view as opposed to the suite. I removed my previous post as it didn't make sense even after editing!

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
387 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fairmont Royal Pavilion -- Regular Room or Junior Suite?

Haven't stayed but do love the terrace area of the ground floor suites, a few feet away from the beach. Agree maybe not as private as other rooms but had a peak inside one of them when eating at the hotel this year and they do look gorgeous! Agree with Anne send a message to a few of the reviewers on TA many who appear to be repeat guests.

Guildford
Level Contributor
441 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fairmont Royal Pavilion -- Regular Room or Junior Suite?

I think you have answered most of you own questions in the original post.

We have only stayed in the regular ocean front room. The entrance door is obviously at the rear, so you have a walk down the stairs around the back to get to the beach and sunbeds. If you have a ground floor suite there is the possibility of stepping straight out to a sunbed on the beach which would be great.

As you say, they are able to charge quite a premium for that advantage.

E.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
15,576 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fairmont Royal Pavilion -- Regular Room or Junior Suite?

When our son stayed in the ocean front room on the ground floor - there was a very handy tap in front of each room's patio/lanai with a low tap, so one could wash the sand off one's feet prior to entering the bedroom and tracking sand in....

Crozet, Virginia
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Fairmont Royal Pavilion -- Regular Room or Junior Suite?

Thanks all for the answers! It appears the Junior Suites also come with a free breakfast so that makes the prices a bit closer, so we'll probably go for the Oceanfront Jr Suite. Preparing to book it next week -- excited! Thank you!

Reply to: Fairmont Royal Pavilion -- Regular Room or Junior Suite?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted