We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Around Barbados

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Getting Around Barbados

WE are a family of 10 traveling to Barbados and staying at La Paloma in Fitts Village in early January 2019. We are trying to figure out transportation for the week, especially car rental and/or taxi or van rental for such a large group. We will need transport from and to the airport to Fitts Village as well as around the island during the week.

Any information would be helpful and suggestions, especially what others have done. Rent 2 cars? Public transportation? Driver and van for the week? etc.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
4 replies to this topic
Hudson, Ohio
Level Contributor
423 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Around Barbados

To and from the airport, you will have the option of 2 large taxi vans, 3 normal taxis or hiring 2 cars. I would suggest that you take taxis from the,airport as you will probably be tired and not used to the driving conditions. For the rest of the time, you could either rent 2 cars, or use the buses. Carhire enables you to see much more of the island at your own convenience. I would therefore go with carhire with the company bringing the car to your accomidstion. I have used mah car hire 3 times and veen very pleased with them.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting Around Barbados

I have heard that many people hire a van and driver for the week. Any recommendations? Know what the cost would be?

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,515 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting Around Barbados

You can rent vans so that is an option but with a party of that size 2 cars might be better if you are likely to want to split up and do different things. You should be able to get a van taxi from the airport

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,971 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting Around Barbados

With 10 people plus luggage...I sincerely doubt that 2 'cars' from the airport will be enough

We are normally 4 adults and a medium car is not big enough

Suggest 2 mini buses from/to the airport and then hire two 5 seater cars from travelling around the island

Have a look at Express for the car hire

Reply to: Getting Around Barbados
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted