We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grenadines Island hopping tour

Loguivy-Plougras...
Level Contributor
45 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Grenadines Island hopping tour

When in Barbados 21 years ago we did a fantatic tour by small plane to Grenada, Palm island and some other small ones that I can't remember the names of. I was wondering if this still exists as we're thinking of returning with our teenage daughters and I'd love them to experience it.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Grenada
Grenada
Caribbean
Palm Island Resort & Spa - All Inclusive
Palm Island Resort & Spa...
1,460 Reviews
Union Island
5 replies to this topic
Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
13,830 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grenadines Island hopping tour

I don't know of any plane tours from Barbados but Chantours fly you ( when I went ) to Union Island ,then you take a Yacht or Catamaran around the Islands.

http://www.chantours.com/day-excursions

I hope that helps.

Edited: 13 June 2018, 16:32
Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Loguivy-Plougras...
Level Contributor
45 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grenadines Island hopping tour

I could be mis remembering it, maybe we did take a boat somewhere and then a plane. This looks just like the trip we did, only i'ts nearly 900 US$ each [ouch], we wouldn't have paid anything like that, but thank you for the link it gives me something to work with to search for an alternative.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
15,385 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grenadines Island hopping tour

You can also take a Clipper ship cruise of St Vincent and the Genadines -- on Star Clippers -- who home port in Barbados - This is a real "Cruise" 7 day holiday - but on a sailing ship instead of a large motorized vessel.

Mentioned in this post
St. Vincent
St. Vincent
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
5,113 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grenadines Island hopping tour

21 years ago would have been at least 2 tour companies, using the same regular service or charter service flights off the island to the Grenedines (Union or St. Vincent usually).. and 21 years ago, the price would have been 900.00used per person. .but today it is. gas prices etc.. inflation.. and Chantours is the only one that does package tours. You may be able to check with SVGAir and see what the flights are like and then do a tour directly with someone from there to do the tour. (the airfare depending on the flight and to where is like around 350.00usd an up per person.

and yes.. Star clippers does this, but in the Winter Season but not year round and the rates would be much more than 900.00usd per person, but still a good option.

Mentioned in this post
St. Vincent
St. Vincent
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Loguivy-Plougras...
Level Contributor
45 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grenadines Island hopping tour

Yes it was a tiny plane, I dont think there were more than half a dozen of us in it, plus the pilots. We definitly wouldn't have paid that kind of price even allowing for inflation. We wouldn't have paid much for than 2 - 3 hundred dollars a ticket if that, we were not well off at the time. If thats the kind of price we're looking at today, then thank you to those who've replied, but no need for any more replies as it's just out of our budget,

Reply to: Grenadines Island hopping tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted