We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any suggestions for Car Rental Agencies?

Which Kralendijk hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Delmar, Maryland
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Any suggestions for Car Rental Agencies?

any suggestions for car rental agencies or any to stay away from? Thank you.

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
3,999 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any suggestions for Car Rental Agencies?

I've had good experiences with both AB and Hertz. No really bad experiences to report.

New England
Level Contributor
1,674 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any suggestions for Car Rental Agencies?

We have had good service with AB. Less impressed with Total.

Topeka
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any suggestions for Car Rental Agencies?

We rented from Iverts, got a new car. Cheaper than the other agencies.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,325 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any suggestions for Car Rental Agencies?

We rented from Budget last year. No problems. We're here now, using Total, so far no problems.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any suggestions for Car Rental Agencies?

Unimpressed with Total. Price was lower, but we ended up with an older truck with surface deterioration. Used AB in the past with no problem.

If you plan to visit the park make sure there is nothing low under the vehicle. The park road is a dirt path and it changes day to day based on amount of rain.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,325 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any suggestions for Car Rental Agencies?

We had no issues at all with Total. Our car appeared new, only had 14,000 miles.

I wanted one at the airport, we had an early morning flight, wanted to make sure we would make our flight. Total was there as promised, before 5am.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
50 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any suggestions for Car Rental Agencies?

I just returned from Bonaire. I used Avis. It was $297 for 7 days with my Entertainment discount code ($365 without the discount) for a Group D SUV with automatic and A/C having booked several months ahead. It was a very nice and new Hyundai Tucson with only 4000 miles. I was glad to have the A/C! For some reason, the service was really slow on the Sat morning when we picked up the car but it wasn't a big deal. They did a careful inspection of the car when we got it, they ever checked the spare tire and jack. I had e-mailed in advance and they said the car was allowed in the Nat'l Park. Avis was conveniently located at the airport (you just had to walk over) and they had very early hours on Saturday which worked out great for us since we arrived/departed very early. .

Oregon
Level Contributor
328 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any suggestions for Car Rental Agencies?

Thanks for the info about rental agencies, which I asked about in a different post. Some of the ones here were quite awhile ago, so I'm hoping for further updates.

Usually agencies like Avis, Hertz, etc. don't allow their rentals to be driven on unpaved roads. From the posts above I see that the Park is unpaved. Is this an issue with these companies, or should I be specifically looking for an agency whose rentals I can take anywhere on the island? (not planning on doing any off-road exploring, but if the "road" is more in name than substance, I want to make sure the car rental company won't fine me for something like that.)

New England
Level Contributor
1,674 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any suggestions for Car Rental Agencies?

The rental agencies in Bonaire are used to their vehicles going into the park or on the road north of BOPEC to access sites such as Candy Land. They do not usually place restrictions on their trucks but often do so on their cars. The roads in the park can be VERY rutted and a car would not be the best option anyway.

Oregon
Level Contributor
328 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any suggestions for Car Rental Agencies?

Thank you for the practical advice. Obviously it looks like a truck is a better choice!

Get answers to your questions about Kralendijk
More Kralendijk Topics