We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frogs in Cuba?

Nottingham
4 posts
Save Topic
Frogs in Cuba?

Hello,

Bit of a random question but I am going to Cuba in November and I have a severe frog phobia! Does anyone know how likely it is that I will see a frog out there? I am staying in playa pesquero.

Thank you

Ottawa ON Canada
Level Contributor
441 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frogs in Cuba?

Unless you go into damp, fresh water, areas you are not likely to see any frogs. I don't remember seeing any frogs next door at PCV and I go into the bush etc looking for things to photograph. But, at the BCV they have a pond that has a very vocal bunch of frogs.

Sarnia, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frogs in Cuba?

I have been going for 16 years and I have never seen a frog. You are not alone in your phobia. 90% of the Cuban women I know are deathly afraid of frogs, but when I ask them if they have ever seen one, the majority say no. Go figure

Aurora, Canada
Level Contributor
730 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Frogs in Cuba?

Yes the frogs are very vocal at the Blau in the evening. In 21 visits there I have never seen them in the daytime. Just at night and then you realy have to look for them. They always stay in the pond never run around the resort.

David.

quebec
Level Contributor
242 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Frogs in Cuba?

very curious this Cuban frog phobia.I have discouvered it with my frog decorated tee shirts. Anyone knows why??

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,674 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Frogs in Cuba?

I'm curious too...

Cheers,

Terry

montreal
Level Contributor
10,597 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Frogs in Cuba?

Me too jejejeje ..

dwillermet Don't start a war as maybe somebody will show up and say something you may not like ...

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,674 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Frogs in Cuba?

Ranidaphobia.

You learn something new every day...

Cheers,

Terry

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,495 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Frogs in Cuba?

"They always stay in the pond never run around the resort."

I guess my overnight guest at Don Lino didn't get the memo.....

…photobucket.com/albums/…035donlino.jpg

In my experience it isn't unusual to find a tree frog or two around resorts, or even in your room. But they are harmless and eat bugs, so I don't mind hosting them. ;-)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,674 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Frogs in Cuba?

What a cute little guy.

And yes, anything that eats insects gets a big thumbs up from me too.

Cheers,

Terry

Aurora, Canada
Level Contributor
730 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Frogs in Cuba?

eeefarm: the frogs at Blau would eat that little fellow it one bite. Like I said I have never seen them out of the pond. I never said that they do not leave the pond just that I have never see them any other place.

David.