We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Tour Guide for the day in Santiago de Cuba

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Private Tour Guide for the day in Santiago de Cuba

We are traveling to Santiago de Cuba on April 11th aboard the Fathom Adonia. We do not want to book a tour with a group or through the cruise, as we want the immersion experience of being on our own with the locals. I am in need of a private car and driver for the day. My interests are in anything culinary, as I am a trained chef. I want to meet our People to People requirements through a private guide. Please message me with names/numbers and/or email addresses if available.

Mentioned in this post
30 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Tour Guide for the day in Santiago de Cuba

We are in the same boat...literally. lol. Myself, my wife and two daughters will sailing on the Fathom Adonia on Sun April 9 out of Miami and we will be in Santiago de Cuba on April 11th. We aren't interested in the people to people tours offered by the ship. We are also trying to find a private tour guide and car for the day. We have been searching diligently and found one company (http://www.cubatravelnetwork.com/) that offers a day tour however they leave promptly at 8:30am and we dock at 9am :(

I called them anyway and they suggested we find a local entrepreneur tour guide who speaks some English who will give us a day tour in a nice car/van. They also gave me the option of going to the nearest hotel (Casa Granda) and asking the guest services/concierge to arrange a driver for a private day tour.

Since it seems like we both have the same idea in mind maybe we should make this a collective effort. Let me know if you're interested in working together on this "project/adventure". They say great minds think alike :)

Regards,

Ricky

Edited: 28 March 2017, 22:59
Mentioned in this post
Maryland
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Tour Guide for the day in Santiago de Cuba

Have you seen my trip report, with information our our travel agent, based in Santiago de Cuba?

https:/…82199423

Mentioned in this post
London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Santiago de Cuba
Level Contributor
3,299 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Tour Guide for the day in Santiago de Cuba

Already the 1st of April and I noticed you'll be docking on April 11th in Santiago. Hope I am not too late but maybe he can still help you out: http://cubacabbie.com/ Check out his website. CQ :)

Vinales, Cuba
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Tour Guide for the day in Santiago de Cuba

Also you can have this tips for you travel alone, https:/…

Best regards

New York City, New...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Tour Guide for the day in Santiago de Cuba

Thanks Coral Queen for your advice. I booked a tour with him. Seems like a pretty nice guy! Thanks again. God bless.

Edited: 04 April 2017, 02:16
London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Santiago de Cuba
Level Contributor
3,299 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Tour Guide for the day in Santiago de Cuba

I am so happy that I could help out. Enjoy Santiago de Cuba! CQ :)

Mentioned in this post
St. Thomas
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private Tour Guide for the day in Santiago de Cuba

hi, were you able to find what you were looking for? i am also taking the same trip on adonia on may 7th and am also a chef, i would love any help or leads with any info you may have found. thanks for your help!!

cheers,

alesha

Murfreesboro...
Level Contributor
4 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private Tour Guide for the day in Santiago de Cuba

I'm going on the Fathom Adonia on April 23rd, and would love to find a "People-to-People" excursion that is low-cost, private, and focuses more on the food/culture/shopping vs. the history and parks. Any suggested tour companies or tour guides are greatly appreciated!!

washington state
Level Contributor
27 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private Tour Guide for the day in Santiago de Cuba

Please report back for the rest of us following you!

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private Tour Guide for the day in Santiago de Cuba

Will be on same Adonia cruise. Looking for a driver and hoping to find something other than the P2P set up on the ship, but not having much luck finding anything. Let me know if you find something interesting.

Reply to: Private Tour Guide for the day in Santiago de Cuba
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santiago de Cuba