We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walking between hotels at club amigo carisol los corales

Cowansville, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
walking between hotels at club amigo carisol los corales

Hi I was thinking on going to this hotel and I was wondering how far of a walk it is between both resorts. Also are the standard rooms the same on both sides. I heard that the bus from montreal gets dropped off at the carisol side and the bus from Toronto on the corales side, is this true? Also are there any trails, walking distance, from the hotel including caves or waterfalls? Any info about this hotels would be greatly appreciated :)

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
7 replies to this topic
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: walking between hotels at club amigo carisol los corales

hi there - there is a great Facebook page for this hotel - I will PM you.

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,980 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: walking between hotels at club amigo carisol los corales

It's a short walk, maybe 5 minutes? Not sure about room differences as I have always stayed at Corales. From the outside they appear similar. You can certainly e-mail the hotel with your preference if you have one.

East Coast
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: walking between hotels at club amigo carisol los corales

There is the Laguna de Baconoa a couple of kilometers away with trails around the whole lagoon. There is a dirt road across from the entrance to one of the hotels which is not much more than a trail that you can walk. It will actually take you to the back of the Lagoon and the trails there if you go right and not left. If you go left you could end up near Costa Morena. They have horse back riding from the hotels to the Lagoon as well.

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Santiago de Cuba
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: walking between hotels at club amigo carisol los corales

At Los Corales Blocks 100, 200 and 300 have the smaller rooms and there are only 24 rooms in each block. Now the 400 and 500 blocks are larger rooms but there are only 22 rooms in each block. At Carisol they all have large rooms but I would not suggest Block 300 and there are 24 rooms in each block. When we were there in Jan.- Feb. they were replacing the plumbing in some of the rooms. I was in the 300 block at Los Corales but rooms 319, 320, 307 & 308 were not available due to this. They also were working the 500 Block which meant again another 4 rooms were not available. Also, some of the rooms that need repairs are used for storing. This is really a small hotel which is spread out between the 2 properties. You may contact the hotel with a request but not always your request is honoured due to the rooms already being occupied. Even after 20 years my requests are not always honoured but have come close. They try to do their best. If one hotel is totally filled up they will put you up in the other. There are also bungalows at Los Corales and Junior suites at Carisol.

There is Villa Cazonal across the street and the village of Baconao 6 kms. east of Los Corales. The Baconao Laguna is 3 kms. east of the hotel. Also, there is the public beach right next door to the hotel (Playa Cazonal ) and across the street from the beach is the what most of us call the Sculpture Garden (Exposicion Mesoamericana). There are also local restaurants were you can arrange to go eat lobster, etc..... Outside of Los Corales you will find the horse'n buggy guys where you can arrange to be taken to the Lagoon, etc. Also, you can arrange to be taken horseback riding. Hope this helps out a bit. If you have joined the closed group on FB please check out some of the albums and there is also a map of the hotel rooms.

Usually, only one hotel opens up in November and most of the time it is Los Corales. When the hotel is full then they will open up Carisol gradually. Hope this helps out a bit.

With Sunny Smiles, CQ

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
5,937 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: walking between hotels at club amigo carisol los corales

and carisol is in sad shape. needs a lot of money to bring it up to corales standard. enjoyed january last year but march was pretty awful. going back to corales from now on . it could be so nice at carisol !!! loved the reno rooms at the beach front at carisol but the rest of the units and the food situation was grim in march. water problems and hygiene etc.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: walking between hotels at club amigo carisol los corales

First time I went there in 2005, the hotels were separate and you could not use the facilities at both. For many years now though, you can eat, drink or swim at either. That was 12 yrs ago CQ, that I met you and the King. My o my the time flies like a Frigatebird, don't it?

I haven't stayed there in a few years now but I always preferred the Carisol side. More action, it seemed.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
417 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: walking between hotels at club amigo carisol los corales

In October/November, 2010, we stayed for a few days in the Carisol and then were moved to the Corales, which had just opened.

But on the day of our arrival at the Carisol, we walked in the late evening to the Corales. It was a very eerie feeling—we were walking among empty bungalows, then came up to a swimming pool and entertainment area... everything was ready for tourists, yet it was so deserted. Then we saw something that looked like a monument of a horse head-only after a while, when this 'monument' moved, we realized it was indeed a horse! In any case, we had a great time at both hotels.

Reply to: walking between hotels at club amigo carisol los corales
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted