We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

resort and room recommendations Corales or Carisol Jan 4-18

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
resort and room recommendations Corales or Carisol Jan 4-18

Hi,

I am trying to figure out which hotel and room best suits my needs. I love peace and quiet and the sound and view of the ocean and sorry ....to say dislike pool music /games ,entertainment and general noisiness. I prefer to eat outdoors ,don't mind walking and am not picky about food...just about the location /musty smell of my room.I definitely prefer upper level (top if possible)

I would appreciate any and all insights and recommendations. I have stayed at many 3 star beach resorts in Cuba and seems the only issue I sometimes have is finding that great room location especially since I will be staying 2 weeks.

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Melia Santiago de Cuba
Melia Santiago de Cuba
#1 of 14 hotels in Santiago de Cuba
San Basilio Hotel
San Basilio Hotel
#2 of 14 hotels in Santiago de Cuba
IBEROSTAR Casa Granda
IBEROSTAR Casa Granda
#3 of 14 hotels in Santiago de Cuba
27 replies to this topic
Bromont, Canada
Level Contributor
638 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: resort and room recommendations Corales or Carisol Jan 4-18

Me too .... I"d like some input on the differences in the two sections.

Anybody ?????

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: resort and room recommendations Corales or Carisol Jan 4-18

Hi guys,

I was in Corales section 2 years ago, stayed second floor in 200 block. All evening entertainments are in Corales near the pool. Carisol is quieter part. Here you can find the map: http://www.resortsmaps.com/ however there is only Corales section.

Balconies in 200 and 300 are on the seaside so night music didn't bother me much. Blocks 400 and 500 had their balconies on pool side so avoid it if you prefer quiet environment, or try to stay on Carisol side.

Bromont, Canada
Level Contributor
638 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: resort and room recommendations Corales or Carisol Jan 4-18

thanks for the info and link to the map !

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,944 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: resort and room recommendations Corales or Carisol Jan 4-18

If it fits your budget and is available, I would book an oceanview bungalow (Corales). Quieter, better air conditioners, nice view (particularly the upstairs ones).

Bromont, Canada
Level Contributor
638 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: resort and room recommendations Corales or Carisol Jan 4-18

thanks, I will check that out.

What is the difference between Corales and Carisol section. Sunwing is Showing it as " Carisol los Corales"

How do you know where you are booking ?

K.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
417 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: resort and room recommendations Corales or Carisol Jan 4-18

While recently booking Carisol Los Corales, my travel agent was unable to book a specific section, she told me it'd be up to the hotel. We're going to contact the hotel about 2 weeks before our arrival and ask for a specific room/section--or perhaps we might even ask for an upgrade to a bungalow.

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,944 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: resort and room recommendations Corales or Carisol Jan 4-18

Getting in touch with the hotel will usually result in you getting the section you want. Carisol wasn`t open when I was there recently, but likely will be before Christmas.

Allenford, Canada
Level Contributor
314 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: resort and room recommendations Corales or Carisol Jan 4-18

we stayed in March corales side. Carisol was closed. As eeefarm said if you want quiet beach,ocean book a bungalow.

9. Re: resort and room recommendations Corales or Carisol Jan 4-18

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2017, 03:16
Edited: 19 December 2017, 03:16

10. Re: resort and room recommendations Corales or Carisol Jan 4-18

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2017, 03:16

Reply to: resort and room recommendations Corales or Carisol Jan 4-18
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santiago de Cuba