We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

casas particulares in chivirico

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
casas particulares in chivirico

What are the best casas particulares in chivirico?

15 replies to this topic
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
18,638 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: casas particulares in chivirico

ttjpdo recommends one on the beach - https:/…

Southern Ontario
Level Contributor
1,801 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: casas particulares in chivirico

Tom g: we are frequent visitors to Chivirico (lovely town). There is only ONE casa in the city. For many years, it was a family home, with a covered sitting area where where you could drinks & food; divers would come in with their daily catch. About 5 years ago half of the home burned down and once the renovations were finished, they became a casa. We had a walk through the house and it was heart breaking to see the remnants of the fire. The new home is still a restaurant/bar but they have a room available as you walk into the small lane way. It is the only room in Chivirico that has a legal casa. The surroundings are stunning, lots to see and do. Sorry, but we all call it Wilbur's; but with the reno, they put up a sign with a new name with Sol on it but I can't remember it's new name. But you really can't miss it. Easy to find.

East Coast
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: casas particulares in chivirico

The hotel Los Galeones is basically right in Chivirico just up the hill but it's an AI and a lot more costly.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7,523 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: casas particulares in chivirico

We visited Chivirico 3 year ago - there were several casas there then not just one.

Southern Ontario
Level Contributor
1,801 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: casas particulares in chivirico

Thanks Karina. We have travelled every street in Chivirico and have never seen one. I do know of one that is just being built; but the owner says it will take until next year to get it running (he will have 2 rooms). Can you give me the general area of the ones that you came across. We'll be back in November and January and we are interested in staying in casas; Wilbur's room is very tiny and we would be very cramped. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm looking forward to doing some more walking around town to find them; I guess you can tell that we really like the area.

Montreal, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: casas particulares in chivirico

MarioBou from Montréal; I bought a house in Chivirico last feb. No it's not at my name, i'm using a cuban friend name. In the town, there is 3 official casas particulares: 1 in reparto Flores, la casa de Piquito in reparto cine,

and casa de Eva, close to the beach. All others, (probably between 5 and 10) are ILLEGAL, that's why they don't show up. And there's a few more project in construction and it's gone be much more in the future, that's why i just bought! My project will be legal, and i expect to open around christmas time.It will be in the center of the town,

Here my web site if you want to see. Hasta luego. studiosmangoparadise.simplesite.com

Port Colborne...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: casas particulares in chivirico

I don't find Los Galeones that much more costly ($750/pp) than flight only ($500/pp) plus casa ($25/day) and meals/beverages. Just based on a one week stay. imo

pme
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
230 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: casas particulares in chivirico

I'd highly recommend a casa called Oceano. Admittedly not actually in Chivirico, it's located on the coast road opposite the entrance to the Brisas Sierra Mar hotel. My partner & I stayed there a couple of nights earlier this month and it was by far one of the more memorable of the many casas we stayed in during our 3 week trip to Cuba. The owners, English-speaking Deylis & Adolfo are such a lovely couple. They also run a restaurant attached to the casa and the food is amazing. Super fresh, organic (passion fruit from the garden is served for breakfast!). No website but can be contacted by phone + 53 52264717

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7,523 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: casas particulares in chivirico

Also see

https:/…

Humboldt County...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: casas particulares in chivirico

Is your casa in Chivirico open for business yet? My friends and I are cycling that stretch and are looking for accommodations on Feb 1 2017.

Reply to: casas particulares in chivirico
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted