We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hola Sun / Transat

Durham, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hola Sun / Transat

Hi looking for a little info. I just read Hola Sun is partnering with Air Transat to offer air seats to Cuba this summer and fall. When I look online all flights for July are now supplied by Transat. Of course Hola Sun is not open on weekends. We are booked w/Hola Sun for July 7th to Varadero for 2 weeks. The original flight was with Cubana. Can anyone tell me if Cubana is still providing the flight or has it switched to air transat? I have not received any emails saying anything has changed. Thx Scott

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
7 replies to this topic
Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,359 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hola Sun / Transat

Did you book directly through HolaSun instead of through an agent?

It is highly unlikely your flight is still with Cubana but since you are only leaving in 4 weeks, perhaps clients leaving in June are being attended to first.

Have you tried to print your travel documents on the Hola Sun website? I can't remember how far ahead of departure the documents are sent or can be accessed. When you do access your documents, double-check the flight portion, it should say Air Transat (TS).

Durham, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hola Sun / Transat

We booked thru BMO rewards who books directly with Hola Sun. So we do deal directly with Hola Sun after the booking is confirmed. I just tried the e-doc and this is the message that came up..ERROR: BACK OFFICE CANNOT SEND EDOCS WHILE HOLDDOCIND = Y (T235-1)..... Guess we will wait and see. It is no big deal the only thing we will need to work around is the luggage allowances. I will maybe shoot an email to Hola Sun....Thanx for the response....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,615 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hola Sun / Transat

Its not Cubana its transat.

Trenton, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hola Sun / Transat

I traved last two times with Cabana Air. They sent me and notice saying they are doing joint forces with Air Transit. I think it's only tamperary. Cabana did have plane crash couple months ago at the Havana Airport. Think this is what's going on with Cabanas flights and Transits flights.

Mentioned in this post
Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,359 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hola Sun / Transat

The Cubana crash was barely 3 weeks ago (May 18) and yes, that it the reason Hola Sun has decided to switch to Air Transat for the summer.

Edited: 10 June 2018, 09:24
6. Re: Hola Sun / Transat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 June 2018, 21:07
Edited: 10 June 2018, 21:07

Durham, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hola Sun / Transat

Just verified w/Hola Sun it will be Transat. They hope to have the info out in the next couple of days. Transats luggage rules will apply. more than 1 bag / person will be an extra charge....Thx for you replies

Reply to: Hola Sun / Transat
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;