We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So confused! Iberostar Bella Vista or Ocean Vista Azul

Thetford Mines
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
So confused! Iberostar Bella Vista or Ocean Vista Azul

Travelling in July

On the plus side Ocean Vista is smaller, no reservations for a la cartes, infinity pool.

The Bella Vista has ocean view rooms in our price range, and a beach in front of the resort

So, if I'm considering cleaniness, service and food, does anyone have any input.

All comments are appreciated.

4 replies to this topic
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
102 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So confused! Iberostar Bella Vista or Ocean Vista Azul

I have never been to the Bella Vista, but I have been to the OVA 5 times now since they opened. I really like the service and the layout at the OVA, I have never been a big fan of the "highrise" style resorts, so my opinion is skewed. The bonus with the OVA is that you get your choice of beaches. The Bella Vista does have one in front, but it is small and shared. I may head to the Bella Vista one of these times, but I am a fan of the OVA.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
4,162 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So confused! Iberostar Bella Vista or Ocean Vista Azul

I have been at both:

Bellavista for sure!

montreal
Level Contributor
11,678 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So confused! Iberostar Bella Vista or Ocean Vista Azul

I stayed at the Bella Vista and loved it best place we ever stayed in Varadero .

Beach is great not as big as other resorts I have stayed but it was enough for us .

#1 Ocean Vista Azul has probably the smallest beach in Varadero which they have to share with the Naviti Resort in once side and a tiny beach on the other side with Bella Vista and when I say tiny it sure is a small beach nothing like the Bella Vista .

Mentioned in this post
Ocean Vista Azul
Ocean Vista Azul
2,442 Reviews
Cuba
LABRANDA Varadero Resort
LABRANDA Varadero Resort
2,399 Reviews
Cuba
Thetford Mines
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So confused! Iberostar Bella Vista or Ocean Vista Azul

Thank you for your input. We've never been so confused and not just between the OVA and the Iberostar. Had booked in Mexico and we've basically decided to switch due to seaweed and safety issues. So we decided to go back to Varadero after a 5 year absence or so. However we are reading horrible reviews on lack of service, lack of food, towels, hot water, water in general and even 1 place running out of rum.

We love the DR, but we were looking forward to the genuine kindness and warmth of Cuba that we encountered in the past. Now reviews have us worried. Really appreciate replies. Thank you, at least we will know what resort to book if we go to Varadero.

Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Varadero
Iberostar Varadero
7,447 Reviews
Cuba
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Reply to: So confused! Iberostar Bella Vista or Ocean Vista Azul