We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisas Del Caribe

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
299 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Brisas Del Caribe

Hello, I am trying to find a good clean friendly resort on a budget. We have stayed at Aguas Azules with no issues, except the buffet being on the third floor. I am looking at Brisas Del Caribe and am wondering about the "south" and "north" rooms, what is the difference? Any other tips are welcome. We are booking for the 13th of April, price watching right now and they seem to be really good!

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brisas Del Caribe

Pretty much different sides on the peninsula, The north side rooms are right off the main entrance of the hotel further away from the beach.

Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
292 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brisas Del Caribe

Stayed at Brisas Del Caribe last March (2012) and had a great time! We stayed in the North building which is the main building. I liked the location of our room and it suited us just fine. We were close to the buffet, beach and main pool. I know the the South section rooms (farther from the beach, lobby and closer to the road are newer and more up to date. There is also a quiet pool in this section.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brisas Del Caribe

Sorry I miswrote my post lol.. it's the other way around!!

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
299 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brisas Del Caribe

Thank you for your replies, the north side it will be if we book Brisas! There will be a group of 20 of us, any one else going April 13th?

Moose Jaw, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brisas Del Caribe

Every year we book in the main building (north) it is the oldest part but closest to beach. The south section is newer and has much larger rooms, it has its own pool and is much quieter than the main pool. The 24 hour bar/snack bar is also in the south section so you can get drinks, coffee, breakfast, and pizza before bed. Around midnight everyone heads over there its the only bar open, the noise shouldnt bother you, if so ask to be moved, the staff is very accomodating. Have an open mind...this is not a 5 star resort, but the staff here make up for that...treat them with respect and you'll get it back three fold! A cuc tip here and there is never forgotton by staff. Ask the waiter in 24 hour bar or Jenny at the towel exchange about cigars, if your interested, they've always looked after me.

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
299 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brisas Del Caribe

Thanks for that information, noise doesn't bother me ever, I am travelling with 12 young adults. So my guess is that they will be part of that noise :) My father always expects me to bring cigars back for him so thanks for that tip! I have an open mind, I've been reading all of the reviews with a grain or two of salt.. We make our own vacation so I'm sure this resort is gonna be great for us!

Moose Jaw, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brisas Del Caribe

Here is my review of Brisas:

tripadvisor.ca/…REVIEWS

Cheers!

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
299 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brisas Del Caribe

Awesome review, it made me want to go today :) Prices are good right now but from experience in booking last minute I expect they will go down after March break!

wallace
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Brisas Del Caribe

hi i just returned from brisas on march 1st. we were put in the south side upon arrival. it must have been the only building on the south side that wasn;t renovated. it was terrible. got moved to the northside the next day and it was great. room 301 nice and quiet but close to everything. the only resort ive been to that runs out of ice at the lobby bar , ran out of beer at the pool bar one afternoon,. the best drinks were at the beach bar , they have there own icemaker as does the 24 hour bar. the food was pretty good but very repetative.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Brisas Del Caribe

Going on Sunday. Went last MAy. Only thing is don't take room on ground level as they sometime are musty