We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who Can Sleep On The Plane

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
south of england
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Who Can Sleep On The Plane

Hi Guys

Who finds it easy to sleep on the plane , i do but my wife finds it very hard , after a 10 hour flight and no sleep she is very tired .

Two years ago we flew from London Heathrow to Bangkok and i slept for the whole flight 13 hours , mind you a few glases of the strong stuff did help me .

My wife says i could sleep on a clothes line .....lol

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Who Can Sleep On The Plane

Business Class or first class comfy seats, a good bottle of wine and I sleep like an Angel for what ever flightlength.

they always bother/awake me for da Meals.

this coming x-mas I will have the trouble that I travel with the whole Gang, the Bucks for Business Class will be out of questions, so the stretchy seats in da cattleclass it will be, no comfy seats, not real big Bottles of real good Wine, I still need a Masterplan to survive the 10hrs Flight, as it is darn boring without a looong Nap.

Mike

Ohio
Level Contributor
64 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who Can Sleep On The Plane

Count me in the can't sleep crowd. Might have something to do with the fact I am very tall. But still, even in an exit row I still can't do it.

My last flight I stayed up until nearly 4:00am, and was up at 6:30 for my 3.5 hour flight. I figured it was the last night on my trip, and I might as well have fun and surely if I'm tired enough, I'll sleep on the plane. I couldn't doze off for even a minute.

I'm very jealous of all of you that can easily sleep on a plane.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,562 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who Can Sleep On The Plane

Ha, Ha...on a clothesline.....that made me laugh out loud. I am one of those people that someone could come in and rob us and I would sleep through it.......but, I am unable to nap or fall asleep on a plane. My husband is a different story....we were on a straight through flight from Kansas City to Hawaii...we lost a couple engines and had to land in San Francisco. I actually let him sleep until I saw the fire engines approaching the plane. My mistake.....it's not cool to have someone wake up, out of a dead sleep, with a plane on fire.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who Can Sleep On The Plane

Goodness gracious tingy!! Scary!! That's NOT one I'll share with hubby - he's nervous enough about flying :P

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who Can Sleep On The Plane

My husband falls asleep almost immediately after take off, although he always says "I did'nt sleep". I tell him that the other passengers on the plane would disagree with him as they had to endure the snoring! Me, no way, no sleep!

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
16,850 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who Can Sleep On The Plane

I can never sleep on a plane. Even in the "space capsule" first class seats this year to Amsterdam. My wife on the other had is asleep before we clear the runway.

BObK

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Who Can Sleep On The Plane

I'm too excited to sleep. My daughter nods off with no problem.

Deer Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
854 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Who Can Sleep On The Plane

Hi I am also with the non sleepers on the plane cant sleep no matter what I try a strong drink or not lol

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Who Can Sleep On The Plane

I can't sleep on a plane (used to drive my parents crazy when we travelled long distances :-) Doesn't matter how comfy the seats are in executive/first class I still can't sleep - wish I could it would pass the time nicely..........

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Who Can Sleep On The Plane

They design the plane to make it hard to sleep. My head either has to go too far back on the chair or I have to hold it up and try to dose.